Botox diary!

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

Botox diary!

Postby palash » 27 Sep 2012, 21:11

Phew ok. As im typing this, I'm making my way to the hospital for Botox. I'm feeling nervous, because I've never had such an injection before, especially over 'there'. It's 2 shots in 2 different locations around the sphincter muscle. Whether it's painful or not? I'll find out in another half hour. Hope all goes well and I will update as soon as the procedure is over. And then from there, I'll keep everyone posted until my motions are pain free. Cheers:(
palash
Salt Bather

Topics: 7

Re: Botox diary!

Postby palash » 28 Sep 2012, 01:25

Oh my god, okay... It's over... Let me run through what happened
Walked into the clinic and registered. They said that dr was busy at the moment, so I waited with nerve wrecking anxiety. Soon, a nurse called out a name... My name... It was the most warped, mispronounced and screwed up way of saying my name. Sounded like African Swahili to me. Anyway, I got up and walked into this special room. It looked like a typical ward, but with a lot of monitors and screens and stuff like that. Looked like a less intensive, intensive care unit LOL. But anyway, my family first had a chat with the dr, talking about the risk of incontinence and what the procedure would be like. I was really tearing up in fear, bcos I just didn't want any more pain. Finally, I bit the bullet and said yes to the procedure.
Here's what they INTENDED ( you'll know why below ) to do. First give 3 antibiotics thru an IV for my PDA condition, followed by sedation. Then the 2 botox shots. Finally, local anesthetic for a proctoscopy.
What they DID manage to do. The antibiotics and sedation went fine. The sedation was afghani quite fun, you get all woozy and drunk and high, haha. But then they decided I was too happy and jabbed me with the 1st botox shot. Under sedation, I couldn't really remember much, but just yelling and pain until it was over. The pain was around 7-8 on the pain scale, so it hurt quite a bit. But by the fact that I thrashed about so much, the dr decided to abort the proctoscopy. So yeah, no local anesthetic for that( small comfort >:/ there was some stinging pain after the procedure, but that was helped a bit by an ice pack. Phew, so I lay there on the bed with my face tensed and just wishing for the stinging to go away, and it did after a while. So the nurse removed the IV and as soon as I got up and started taking my first steps, I fell forward... OUCH! the sedation was too strong for me, so they got me wheelchair to move about. Ok, so this was quite an unpleasant experience for me and I hope it was the lesser of the 2 evils. Here are some words to take home with you, should you ever consider botox, do so under GA. Unless you have a really really high pain threshold. In GA, you won't feel anything, and the dr can do more. Like a proctoscopy which I had mine aborted, or maybe even banding of piles. Go for GA guys, that's my opinion. Will keep you all updated after my 1st bowel movement after today:)
palash
Salt Bather

Postby richibeno » 28 Sep 2012, 02:16

well done ,keep us informed of how you are getting on
richibeno
VIP

Topics: 28

Postby palash » 28 Sep 2012, 18:50

Ok, so after the Botox I went straight home to hit the sack. I reckon I slept for around 4 hours straight! Anyway, I got up and had my dinner and went back to sleep again. But because I've slept for 4 hours already, I found it hard to get some more shut eye! So I lay in bed, twisting and turning. I did notice some soreness on my left side of the sphincter muscle, and that further stopped me from sleeping. Eventually, the soreness got so bad that I had to pop a panadol so I could at least lie down while being pain free. I think I managed to doze off at 3 am, thank god! Finally!
Okay, so now about the dreaded bowel movement. It did hurt quite a bit, but a very tiny notch less than the fissure. After I got up after washing, I noticed a whole lot of pressure in that area, which was slightly relieved by the sitz bath. Any idea as to why there was soreness and the pressure?
palash
Salt Bather

Postby palash » 29 Sep 2012, 18:40

48 hours after botox, roughly 2 days. I think it's starting to take effect. Had my bowel movement today, and it did hurt a bit, you know, cutting along the edges as it came out. It wasn't soft either, but more towards firm( with a lubricated coating ). But guess what? No spasm! No spasm at all! That was a relief, bcos I can now sit down on the pot while updating you guys:) well, ill hope that tomorrow will be a better day. Cheers!
palash
Salt Bather

Postby Savaici » 29 Sep 2012, 19:12

Hope that you will keep up with your Botox Diary, palash. Really good to hear how it works, for some of us here on the forum.
And very good luck with the pain relief Image
Savaici
Administrator

Topics: 222

Postby Guest » 30 Sep 2012, 02:16

Hi palash,
Delighted its starting to kick in let's hope everyday gets better 😊. Keep us posted

Postby palash » 06 Oct 2012, 19:41

Okay everyone, I really apologize for not being able to update for such a long time. My wifi router was down, so I had no Internet connection. I dare not do it in my school, for the fear of people mocking me because of my condition. But here I am! :) a brief recap of what happened while my Internet was down:
Was feeling better and better so I decided to have beef goulash( a type of soup ) at the local Soup Spoon. Big big mistake. I did take lactulose as soon as I reached home, but that was around 3 hours after I had the soup. Plus i didn't have a steady water supply on the way back ( just 2 small bottles ). I usually have my 2nd or 3rd bowel
Movement in the evenings, but I realize something was terribly wrong when I didn't feel like going. In the night, I mixed clarified butter with some milk and glugged it down, hoping it would really loosen the hard stools inside... I was so wrong. The next day was hell, pure agonizing hell. The first bit of the stool was rock hard and dry, so I really had to strain to get it out and as it passed my 'hole', I swear it was the most excruciating pain I have ever felt. Well, that did it...back to square one.
However, no I've kept a steady and strict diet so things have definitely improved. Today I had no pain at all( aside from some itching )! So I'm very very grateful to god for curing me of a day's pain. I hope that in time, the fissure will heal and It wouldn't bother me again:) cheers
palash
Salt Bather

Postby Guest » 07 Oct 2012, 12:23

Hi palash,
Delighted to hear you are getting some sort of relief from the Botox. Do you really need to have 2 or 3 BM a day one should be enough & could help the healing too less trama on the butt 😊. Do you take any other softener other than lactulose? I take movicol along with lactulose it really works keeping things soft while you are healing. I hope things just keep getting better for you.
Take care 😊

Postby cherylk » 07 Oct 2012, 12:29

Is lactulose a stool softener?
cherylk
VIP

Topics: 46