HELP! Because I'm in Hell (Day 5 Post op. LIS) FISSURE

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

Re: HELP! Because I'm in Hell (Day 5 Post op. LIS) FISSURE

Postby StevePain » 13 Oct 2012, 12:45

TLTOSU wrote:I am a little disturbed by the comments that 'pain' continues for years after LIS? WHY?

There's a small minority of people that don't get relief from LIS, this can be either that the surgery was ineffective (not enough muscle cut) or that the surgeon was over-zealous with the knife and caused nerve damage or exposed sphincter fibres (I think this happened to me Image ) maybe it's none of them and scar tissue had grown back from the surgery.
These are mainly my own theories as to why we get ongoing pain after LIS, if in doubt see your CRS and make sure he/she is a GOOD one with plenty of experience!!
StevePain
King Fissure

Topics: 45

Postby TLTOSU » 14 Oct 2012, 06:45

Wow, that's all scary! My surgeon and nurses were like "STOP google'ing this!" they don't want you to get on the internet. Yet they tell me nothing!!
I got NO advice on how to treat my abscess once drained except for 'take 3 showers a day'. Really? I don't want a fistula!!
Also, my anal fibers were exposed in my deep fissure...it doesn't sound like I have a great shot at healing this ever. I'm very depressed now....
I just had first movement after abscess and was constipated despite tons of fiber. Took an hour to go and was hell. After each surgery (LIS and Abscess) I hadn't 'gone' for 3 days, then it was hard and painful when I did go.
I am SO over this pain and complications, I wish there was any possible relief in sight at all? This is not encouraging....
TLTOSU
Fibre Addict

Topics: 2

Postby richibeno » 14 Oct 2012, 07:37

hey tani
hows your pain at the moment ,when you do not have a bm,
as soon as they cleaned and drained my abscess ,my pain was a lot better,
as i said ,it has left me with an open wound to heal,which has a seton going through the fistula ,
did the sugen say if you have been left with any fistula tracks,after the abscess
richibeno
VIP

Topics: 28

Postby TLTOSU » 14 Oct 2012, 09:07

Hi!
I have little to no pain at all, just a little sore (from going maybe?). I have been sitting on heating pad for weeks now, seems to sooth a bit.
They did not tell me anything at all, never mentioned 'fistula' and I don't know what a 'seton' is. All they told me was that I had an abscess, they drained it, and they said it would drain for a while, and I go back in 2 weeks for a follow up.
You had an abscess you know, I could not even describe the pain, (unlike the fissure, I had lots of ways to describe that) but that abscess, wow....
I'm going to look up fistula and seton now to see what they are. Dr. office will call me in a day to see how I am I will ask then.
Thanks!
Tani
TLTOSU
Fibre Addict

Topics: 2