lis surgery, biggest regret ever?

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

lis surgery, biggest regret ever?

Postby barbedbutt » 21 Oct 2012, 13:43

I had lis surgery 2 months again for two fissures that only caused pain when walking. Not sitting, not weight lifting, not anything else , just extreme pain when walking. This was enough to have the surgery after trying everything else. HOWEVER i feel like the surgeon has given me the most painful fissure ever i.e the wound they made the incison on. It will NOT heal, and the pain is so severe! i cant sit, i cant walk, i cant do anything!! what the hell is going on! :( i feel the incision tear for absolutley no reason!. not when on the loo, just when i am sitting or getting out the car i feel the rip on it and i am pretty much bed bound for 2 days before the soreness eases enough to go back to work.. Any ideas why this is people? im losing hope and my life is currently ruined..
barbedbutt
Fibre Addict

Topics: 3

Re: lis surgery, biggest regret ever?

Postby barbedbutt » 21 Oct 2012, 13:52

should probably also say i have constant leakage and require a cotton pad down there to get through the day. pretty bad! so the idea its still too tight doesnt make sense to me?
barbedbutt
Fibre Addict

Postby fitchatak » 21 Oct 2012, 14:08

You poor thing. My heart goes out to you. I haven't had an LIS so I can't advice you but I think I've read that 2 weeks in may still be early days after an LIS? Loads of people on this forum no longer visit because they have had a successful LIS - Keep positive and try not to panic ( easy to say I know) as stress can hinder your healing. Keep in touch with the forum - you are not alone - we have all felt the loneliness of being in a terrible pain that is difficult to talk about, yet so debilitating. x
fitchatak
Salt Bather

Topics: 7

Postby barbedbutt » 21 Oct 2012, 16:00

hi thanks for the nice words. It has been 2 months not weeks though. got a check up in 2 weeks to really get some anwsers, i have had a fair few set backs including a possible infection so its taking it time. just didnt expect it to effect my life so much!
barbedbutt
Fibre Addict

Postby cherylk » 21 Oct 2012, 17:45

Barbed,
I feel your pain. HOpe it improves soon.
cherylk
VIP

Topics: 46

Postby owmybum » 22 Oct 2012, 07:10

So sorry this is happening to you. You must feel really down about things. I hope things start to improve for you
OMB x
fissure after hem banding and tag removal feb 11
Pelvic floor therapy
Diltiazem
Botox June 13
Nitro
Internal flap July 14
EUA and polyps removed Nov 14
Diagnosed with neuropathy Jan 15
Diagnosed with HS EDS type 3 (causes poor wound healing )
owmybum

Topics: 42
Mood: UGH !

Postby Katrina915 » 23 Oct 2012, 07:24

I had LIS and fissurectomy about 2 months ago. Fissure was healed at 10 day point, but suture site wasn't healed at 5 week point and still bothers me at times. Getting better since I stopped squatting, bending over, sitting for too long. I use heating pad at computer job and home and sitz bath. CSR gave me creme that is used on cow's udders. Slowing getting better.
Katrina915
Fibre Addict

Topics: 1

Postby Anya324 » 23 Oct 2012, 11:17

I'm only 2 wks out but I can see how the suture site can be an annoying, continuously painful area. I can actually feel my stitches just in the rim of my bum hole. Maybe try coconut oil around and just inside your hole... I've been using it for a few days now and it makes my bum feel awesome. GL!
Anya324
Salt Bather

Topics: 8

Postby StevePain » 23 Oct 2012, 13:31

I had LIS and Fissurectomy 2 years ago and still get ongoing pain from the suture site (presumably), either that or I have another fissure.
StevePain
King Fissure

Topics: 45