I...I think it's gone (Tiger Balm + Coconut Suppositories)

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

I...I think it's gone (Tiger Balm + Coconut Suppositories)

Postby fissurekorea » 12 Nov 2012, 01:12

So this past weekend, I decided to try something a little new.
First, I went back to my doctor here in Korea to talk about surgery options. Basically, the only realy options were going to be a surgery to cut one of the muscles. I'm only 31 years old, and I didn't want to lose one of only four muscles in that area. So we both decided to stick it out a little longer.
He issued me some suppositories that are...I think...mentholated. I'd been using them after I pooed for a week, with coconut oil at night (the weekend before, my fissure had re-opened, so the frustration was palpable at this point).
Then, this weekend, inspiration struck. I started using my coconut oil suppositories at night, and using tiger balm externally *right after insertion*. As of now, it's Monday, and I feel...way, way better. Zero stinging and basically no anal leakage. I'm going to keep up this regimen and get back to you guys.
fissurekorea
Fibre Addict

Topics: 3

Re: I...I think it's gone (Tiger Balm + Coconut Suppositories)

Postby mutu » 13 Nov 2012, 01:20

hey there,
May i know which tiger balm are you referring at the red or the white one? I goggled tiger balm and i find one in the hexagonal shape with tiger on it and i assumed that was the one that you are using. How often do you apply it?
mutu
Fibre Addict

Topics: 1

Postby fissurekorea » 13 Nov 2012, 04:06

The Red Tiger Balm. I think it's the hexagonal lidded one.
I apply it just outside the sphincter and/or around the area. Not inside though.
BTW, there will be a burn, but I've found that the heating sensation corresponds to how far along you are. If you're really swollen, it'll be fairly hot. After you begin healing though, it's just kind of a menthol-tingle.
fissurekorea
Fibre Addict

Topics: 3

Postby Melanie61606 » 15 Nov 2012, 18:43

What is a coconut suppository? Im new to forum and am reading that coconut oil is great and i plan on trying to find it. But they make it in suppository form?
Melanie61606

Postby sufferer » 16 Nov 2012, 04:46

Hi fissurekorea,
How long have you had the AF?
I've had mine for 5 months now. The coconut oil suppository definitely helps with the pain and BM but not sure it heals the fissure completely. Would be interested to know if anyone has had complete healing with coconut oil. So I think it depends on how severe teh fissure is. But yes, it does bring back some sense of normal!
Thanks for sharing your experience.
sufferer
Salt Bather

Topics: 7

Postby 3 years now » 27 Nov 2012, 09:58

the coconut oil makes the condition much less painful and manageable, but in my experience, it does not heal the fissure completely, and I have not found anything that does.
3 years now
Salt Bather

Topics: 9