Need your opinions please...

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Need your opinions please...

Postby yomarie » 20 Jan 2013, 21:56

Half a year ago my husband hand an anal fissure. He was given medication for it and it went away. Sometime during October, he noticed that he had pain sitting down on a hard surface or leaning forward while sitting down. He checked his rear and he found out that there was a lump inside his butt cheeks or butt muscle. It's nothing like a pimple which can be seen from the surface. You have to dig in the butt cheek (a near the anus) to feel it. I felt it too and it was hard and it felt like as a pointer finger or a bone sticking out.
Finally he went to the doctor and he prescribed some antibiotics and sitz bath. It didn't really work well and the lump just got a little smaller. But the pain went away. I'll admit I don't think he liked the whole sitz bath thing and I doubt if he did it well. He didn't go back to the doctor since he was freaked out but I nagged him like crazy to continue the sitz bath. He did the sitz bath for two weeks or so and he told me that it was getting smaller and much harder to find.
Now its been 4 months and he told me just now that it's still there. I was upset he hadn't told me because he was so embarrassed. He admitted that it was indeed much smaller than what it was originally but he is afraid to touch it since it might get more swollen if he keeps on prodding it. I'm really worried about this...(I'm only a housewife with a 1 year old and I'm scared on how to support him...) He promised me he will go see a doctor soon to have it checked out again. But ever since October, all his bowel movements have been regular, no pain, no blood (well at least visibly). He doesn't feel pain or discomfort when he sits down or leans forward anymore. He assured me that its really much smaller but it hasn't gone away in 4 months.
I read some of the threads here that had surgery done. I'm not sure that's the best route right now. Can something like this resolve on its own? The Sitz bath making the lump smaller is a good sign right? I'll also admit that my husband is a very picky eater. He eats mostly meats since he has some undiagnosed allergy with fish. He's been drinking fruit juices lately as well. Unfortunately, for him he is obese too...He's not too big but definitely inflated in the middle.
I just want to know if anyone here has experienced that. Your replies are most welcome...
yomarie

Topics: 1

Re: Need your opinions please...

Postby Reni » 20 Jan 2013, 22:54

I did not have this problem. But I understand your fear. I just wanted to say better not rush into surgery! Surgery can bring more discomforts and other issues ... so best is make him go to doctor and let them check it out if it's serious or not. If it's not bothering him I would leave it alone but any lump could lead to cancer. So, definitely go to see a doctor. Sitz bath is really good for everything with associated with the bottom. I don't use hospital sitz thing I just use bath tub. That;s my best friend since I have problems in my bottom. Still trying to get better. Anyway, that;s very sweet of you that you are trying to be supportive to your hubby. Even he looks does not lilke your support but inside he appreciates it. All i want from my hubby is support right now.
Reni
Salt Bather

Topics: 1