do skin tags disappear?

A sub-forum to talk about what our fissures, etc., leave behind. Tags, uncomfortable and sometimes painful. This is the place!

Return to Anal Skin Tag/Sentinel Pile

Re: do skin tags disappear?

Postby Deleted User 1775 » 06 Feb 2013, 11:06

Is a skin tag the same as a sentinel pile? I had my fissure for 3 years and just had the lis surgery four months ago. I have this hard lump where my fissure is or was that gets very tender and burning feeling. I think that is causing me the issues not the fissure site. Does this sound like a tag/pile? When I sit or walk/stand a long time or where any tight pants I get irritated and sore. Last week I went for a long walk and when I got home I was very sore and just felt moist in that area and went to wipe there was blood. Would a tag cause that? Seeing a new CRS next week so I have many questions.
Deleted User 1775

Postby coconut » 06 Feb 2013, 13:10

jdchurch wrote:Is a skin tag the same as a sentinel pile? I had my fissure for 3 years and just had the lis surgery four months ago. I have this hard lump where my fissure is or was that gets very tender and burning feeling. I think that is causing me the issues not the fissure site. Does this sound like a tag/pile? When I sit or walk/stand a long time or where any tight pants I get irritated and sore. Last week I went for a long walk and when I got home I was very sore and just felt moist in that area and went to wipe there was blood. Would a tag cause that? Seeing a new CRS next week so I have many questions.

A skin tag is the same thing as a sentinel pile. The later is just an older name for it. As for the rest of your question, that's beyond me. I think the moistness comes in when there is irritation down there. Maybe some kind of natural lubrication? It does seem to happen to a lot of people. I guess we just don't normally notice it.
coconut
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 12

Postby Notahappyass » 21 May 2016, 10:40

My doctor explain the skin tag to me (which i am getting removed next week) that when the tear in your skin is trying to heal it brings skin around it to protect it and when it keeps tearing open, and because of where it is, skin continues to grow up around it/next to it. There shouldnt be anything in there to pop.

As for pain during/after BM i have been using a strtile seringe (no needle) to shoot a very small amont of coconut oil (1 mL) into and around my rectum right before BM. Everything comes right out. I have not had a single hard or even medium stool since starting this.

These are the seringes i purchased. And any organic non-gmo coconut oil.
3ml Syringe Only with Luer Slip Tip - 100 Syringes by Care Touch https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01DARUHSY/re ... qxbM9D9B1H

I wish i found this method earlier and i hope it helps you as much as it as helped me.
Notahappyass

Postby suzyljank » 26 Jun 2016, 21:44

Skin tags don't disappear but they do shrink. Once you're healed they shouldn't cause pain but if they do talk to your doctor, they can be removed. My CRS did not recommend removal because it's painful and often new tags will appear but you know your own body better than anyone .
suzyljank

Topics: 23
Mood: very optimistic