Gay/31/ So tired of this...need support

Please come in! Start your own personal thread, tell us a bit about yourself...and your fissure, of course. Welcome!

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

Gay/31/ So tired of this...need support

Postby tiredofthis31 » 04 Feb 2013, 15:19

So a little background...over the summer I was diagnosed with HPV and of course being the unlucky person that I am developed anal warts which I had surgery on in October after months of visits by my doctor trying to get rid of them on his own with cryotherpay. The good news is they are finally going away, but when I had my surgery in October I developed an anal fissure. I've been dealing with it ever since. The thing is I never have any pain or bleeding until I try and have anal sex. The first time I felt a stinging sensation and had to stop and the next thing I know I am bleeding, but in two days the pain goes away and so does the bleeding...so I decide to just eat lots of fiber, drink plenty of fluids, and take sitz baths. a month or so goes by, thinking that it's finally gone I attempted to have anal sex again two days ago and the exact same thing happened...it reopened and I'm back to square one. I finally have started dating and I really don't want to have this conversation with anyone, but it's inevitable. I have an appointment with my doctor tomorrow and if he tells me to keep doing what I have been doing I think I will burst into tears. I really hope he perscribes so sort of ointment to help the healing.
tiredofthis31

Topics: 1

Re: Gay/31/ So tired of this...need support

Postby Mamalucia » 04 Feb 2013, 16:26

Most of the ointments just help with the symptoms...I don't think there is one to help with the healing. you may have to abstain until u r completely healed which could be weeks or longer depending on ur particular case. Surgery may be another way to go and again abstaining would be a major part of that. Make sure you mention all of your concerns with the dr. And go from there. Wish I could give better advice. Best of luck!
Mamalucia
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 12

Postby Jessjess » 04 Feb 2013, 17:23

Hello and Image Sorry about the sex part, but I had a hard time with the pain of inserting the Rectiv with my pinky finger. Of course, I've had a fissure for a long time that I thought was a hemorroid. A fissure is NOT something you want to mess around with.
Are you taking Rectiv? It's a prescription nitroglycerine ointment inserted rectally to stop spasms. And ask your surgeon about LIS. Maybe the LIS would keep your fissure from getting worse and/or developing any new ones.
Good luck and keep me informed! Image
Jessjess
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 5

Postby Savaici » 04 Feb 2013, 19:55

Welcome to the forum, tiredofthis31 Image We know the pain of fissures here, and can very much sympathize.
Jessjess mentioned Rectiv, and here is a link so that you can read about it :
A review of over 5000 patients:
http://pharmacy.oregonstate.edu/drug_policy/sites/default/files/pages/dur_board/evaluations/articles/2012_06_28_Rectiv_NF.pdf

If you are in the UK, it goes by the name of Rectogesic.
You said that you would be seeing your doctor tomorrow. The best doctor for anal fissures and anything to do with them is a colon and rectal surgeon (CRS), so if you are not seeing a CRS, you might mention to your doctor that you would like a referral, or make an appointment yourself.
Having had your fissure since October last year, and with it healing and then reforming, you probably have scar tissue, which means a tightening of the anus, hence the bleeding when you have sex, starting the cycle all over again.
A few of us, unable to have the surgery that is often recommended with an anal fissure (Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy, abbreviated to LIS, regarded as the gold standard) do anal dilation, slowly working to stretch the muscle. It is a slow job, but it works, and is useful for those of us with no other choice. You have to have patience...and you need to explain that to a partner, IMO.
This is a link to this:
http://anal-fissure.org/t4261-self-dilation?highlight=Self+dilation
Let us know how the trip to the doc goes.
Savaici
Administrator

Topics: 222

Postby tiredofthis31 » 05 Feb 2013, 12:39

Thanks for all the info. Well I did see my PCP and he wrote me a prescription (which I forgot the name of) but it won't be ready til Thursday. It's some kind of compound cream cream that has been used for fissures and he told me though it is not a miracle drug it will help promote healing. He also said just to keep doing what I'm doing and I will need to wait longer before having anal sex again even if I don't feel pain or having any bleeding. He did also say that that in itself is a good sign as most fissures are very painful.
So for now I am just gonna keep taking the miralax, using wet wipes, eating fiber and drinking lots of water Plus those damn sitz baths. UGH. I guess I'll just have to explain to whomever I end up with the situation and if they are a good guy they will be ok with it for now.
tiredofthis31

Postby Mamalucia » 09 Feb 2013, 09:21

Just checking in...how's everything going?
Mamalucia
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 12

Postby tiredofthis31 » 09 Feb 2013, 09:45

Thanks for checking in. I'm ok. I mean I can't feel it and I have no blood spotting...per usual. my doctor prescribed me nifedepine ..2x per day and we will see what happens. He told me to obstain from any anal sex for at least a month maybe more.
tiredofthis31

Postby Whymelord » 28 Feb 2013, 16:41

Please keep us update, I'm very interested in your case.
Whymelord

Postby tiredofthis31 » 01 Mar 2013, 11:28

Hi...well I think the medication is working. I went against doctors orders and had anal sex with this new guy I have begun dating. He was as gentle as can be and afterwards I felt ok. My fissure felt sore, but no major pain or bleeding. My hope is that the tissue is beginning to become more tougher...at least I hope. I've just been eating healthy, doing sitz baths once or twice/ day and applying the medication twice.
tiredofthis31

Postby saintkilledher » 08 Mar 2013, 08:53

tiredofthis if you keep on tearing your AF you will develop alot of scar tissue and you will not be able to ever have anal sex again...you will have to be a top forever.if you do develop scar tissue google DMSO...it softens and disolves scar tissue over a few months.
saintkilledher
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 16