Question for the ladies.....

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Re: Question for the ladies.....

Postby coconut » 16 Feb 2013, 17:40

I haven't had any burning urination, but I have had achey sore labia.
I'd be concerned that you might have a urinary track infection, maybe from butt-stuff you wiped in the wrong direction during this ordeal. Glad you're getting it checked out.
coconut
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 12

Postby Rachael 1984 » 16 Feb 2013, 17:53

Hi coconut, had trillions of urine samples, scans on kidneys, bladder, bloods, MRI. The list is endless! This is why I am so down, as this has all been going on since last Oct! The Fissures are enough to cope with!, never mind feeling like I have a water inf, when I don't! I am convinced the docs think it is all in my head! I live in uk, so rather than wait on the NHS, I have paid for some if it privately! Still with no clue as to what is happening to me!
Hem Banding sept 2012
2Fissures
Nitro- Effective short term
April 2013-Botox-Effective short term
Diltazem-No effect, developed Rash
July 2014-Diagnosed High Resting Pressure
LIS performed on 17.9.14
Ongoing pain/re-tears. Awaiting pressure test results.
Rachael 1984

Topics: 26
Mood: Please heal!

Postby coconut » 16 Feb 2013, 18:03

^That really sucks. :( At least you know that its NOT a raging infection.
Pain can make us depressed. That's clinical fact. It messes with our neurotransmitters, but only temporarily. Once you clear this issue, you're brain chemistry will probably reward you with a flood of happy neurotransmitters, so you have that to look forward to!
Hold strong. Nothing lasts forever. That's fact. You will not have this for the rest of your life. There are plenty of good pain-free days ahead.
Pain is strange. It can defer and show up in places that aren't related to the source of the pain. That's not all that unusual, but it can be maddening and confusing. I don't know if that's what is going on with you, but it might be.
Now might be a good time to find out if there is a good acupuncturist in your area. I know that there are a lot in the UK. Pain that has no explanation is our expertise. Sometimes an acupuncturist will be able to help get the pain down to a reasonable level so that you can think straight again. From time to time, we can even make it go away and stay away for good.
coconut
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby Rachael 1984 » 16 Feb 2013, 18:08

I have considered acupuncture. Have been having Reiki, but not too sure if this is as effective? X
Hem Banding sept 2012
2Fissures
LIS performed on 17.9.14
Rachael 1984

Postby Rachael 1984 » 16 Feb 2013, 18:11

I have considered acupuncture. Have been having Reiki, but not too sure if this is as effective? X
Hem Banding sept 2012
2Fissures
LIS performed on 17.9.14
Rachael 1984

Postby coconut » 16 Feb 2013, 18:14

Reiki is very different than acupuncture. Personally, I think acupuncture is more effective. (I should mention that I am prejudiced since I'm an acupuncturist.) Acupuncture should give you some immediate, concrete improvement. I'm not saying that it will cure you instantly, but you should see that its working within the first few treatments. If there was a spectrum with pure energy modalities on one side and pure physical medicines on the other side, you'd have Reiki on the far end of the energy side along with things like prayer and shamanic rituals. On the pure physical side, you'd have LIS surgery. Acupuncture would be somewhere in the middle, maybe a little toward the energy side. We work with energy, but we are also working with your nervous system, so it has a different effect.
coconut
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby Rachael 1984 » 16 Feb 2013, 18:17

I thought So. I will look online to see if there are any good practitioners in my area. What is it best to look out for? I want somebody who knows what they are doing! X
Last edited by Rachael 1984 on 16 Feb 2013, 18:19, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Typo
Hem Banding sept 2012
2Fissures
LIS performed on 17.9.14
Rachael 1984

Postby coconut » 16 Feb 2013, 18:27

The UK has pretty strict regulations. As long as someone is licensed, they should be well qualified. (Maybe they call "licensed" something different in the UK, but approved by the local government.)
After that, its up to you to find someone who feels good to you. Personally, I don't like to be treated by practitioners who wear white coats and want to be seen as doctors. I like a more casual approach, but that's just me. Some people like the clinical environment. I would suggest doing some research. Check out their websites. Call a few and ask them if they have seen cases like yours, how many treatments they think you'll need, what they charge, if they've had any specialized training.
Experienced practitioners will be able to answer all these questions comfortably. And you should be comfortable with their answers. I wouldn't trust anyone who promises to cure 100% of patients, makes you pay upfront for a large number of treatments, or tries to scare you into coming more often. Good practitioners have lots of patients and don't need to manipulate people into seeing them often.
coconut
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby Rachael 1984 » 16 Feb 2013, 18:31

Great advice! Thank you. ❤😋
Where are you at with your Fissure hell?!
Hem Banding sept 2012
2Fissures
LIS performed on 17.9.14
Rachael 1984

Postby coconut » 16 Feb 2013, 18:44

Rachael 1984 wrote:Great advice! Thank you. ❤😋
Where are you at with your Fissure hell?!

I think maybe, kind-of, better. Its been a few days since I've been rolling in my bed crying for my mommy, so that's good. I was mis-using home remedies for a while, partially on the mis-diagnosis of a doctor who shamed me for thinking this is an AF and told me I just had hemorrhoids. I made things a lot worse for myself. :( I can do acupuncture on myself, but I really don't like to do so. I find it hard to needle myself when I'm already in pain. I just don't have the clarity of thought to do so. I can feel the energy swirling around my rear end when I needle, but it hasn't produced a huge response so far. I really should needle again tonight. I don't mean to scare you. Acupuncture doesn't hurt. But I'm a needle wimp, big time, and I get weird about needling myself. Ironic, I know, but I think it makes me more empathic for my patients.
I seem to have a routine down with creams and baths and such. I have medicine which is reducing the tightness of the sphincter and I'm very glad for it. Western medicine is AWESOME in its correct place. I've had a consult for surgery, and I've felt much more at ease since then. I haven't scheduled the surgery yet, but it feels good to know that I can call them any day and tell them I'm ready to do so.
coconut
Proctosphincteranalogist