Got yet another side effect of AF

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Got yet another side effect of AF

Postby GGky1959 » 09 Feb 2013, 16:38

My job consists of pushing paper, kinda like the post office....so I'm on a machine for 8-10 hours a day sitting down pushing paper. Up until the thing hit me, I never had this problem, but because of the constant straining and using my neck muscles to brace for the pain, I'm finding myself now suddenly getting facial spasms and its scary. I can be at work and suddenly a side of my face gets locked into grim grin or twitches......it could possibly be something more complex and perhaps a neurologist should look into this, but I'm curious has anyone else had this issue. I want to blame on my job, my health or this AF, not sure.
GGky1959
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 25

Re: Got yet another side effect of AF

Postby Port » 09 Feb 2013, 18:54

GGky1959 wrote:My job consists of pushing paper, kinda like the post office....so I'm on a machine for 8-10 hours a day sitting down pushing paper. Up until the thing hit me, I never had this problem, but because of the constant straining and using my neck muscles to brace for the pain, I'm finding myself now suddenly getting facial spasms and its scary. I can be at work and suddenly a side of my face gets locked into grim grin or twitches......it could possibly be something more complex and perhaps a neurologist should look into this, but I'm curious has anyone else had this issue. I want to blame on my job, my health or this AF, not sure.
That sounds scary, I know a Dentist that stressed himself out so much he got Bell's Palsy. I wonder if that's what's going on...hope not.
Port
Salt Bather

Topics: 2

Postby coconut » 09 Feb 2013, 19:58

Are you leaning forward a lot to take the pressure off your rectum? That can cause strain in the neck.
In short, yes, if the nerves in the neck are getting hurt because of the way you are sitting, you can cause the symptoms that you mention. But its not a likely symptom. Most of these nerve things are not a big deal, but from time to time, they are a big deal, so its best to get them looked at by a professional if you can manage to do so.
Its likely the stress you are experiencing trying to hold down a desk job like this is causing and/or exasperating a problem like you mention. That doesn't mean that "stress" is the only problem, just making it worse. All sorts of things start to act up when the body is in a stress state. Is there anything you can do to lessen that stress? Could you work standing up part of the day? Learn to meditate? Listen to soothing music? Anything could help.
If that alone doesn't help and the doctor doesn't find anything that needs to be addressed immediately, acupuncture can really help with this kind of thing, as can chiropractic. (Your choice, poking or cracking. :) )
coconut
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 12

Postby GGky1959 » 10 Feb 2013, 17:01

Port wrote:
GGky1959 wrote:My job consists of pushing paper, kinda like the post office....so I'm on a machine for 8-10 hours a day sitting down pushing paper. Up until the thing hit me, I never had this problem, but because of the constant straining and using my neck muscles to brace for the pain, I'm finding myself now suddenly getting facial spasms and its scary. I can be at work and suddenly a side of my face gets locked into grim grin or twitches......it could possibly be something more complex and perhaps a neurologist should look into this, but I'm curious has anyone else had this issue. I want to blame on my job, my health or this AF, not sure.
That sounds scary, I know a Dentist that stressed himself out so much he got Bell's Palsy. I wonder if that's what's going on...hope not.

My face doesn't droop, its just that sometimes, when I smile, the smile on one side of my seems to want to "lock into place", and gradually the muscle relaxes and I'm okay. I think its from straining.
GGky1959
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby GGky1959 » 10 Feb 2013, 17:04

coconut wrote:Are you leaning forward a lot to take the pressure off your rectum? That can cause strain in the neck.
In short, yes, if the nerves in the neck are getting hurt because of the way you are sitting, you can cause the symptoms that you mention. But its not a likely symptom. Most of these nerve things are not a big deal, but from time to time, they are a big deal, so its best to get them looked at by a professional if you can manage to do so.
Its likely the stress you are experiencing trying to hold down a desk job like this is causing and/or exasperating a problem like you mention. That doesn't mean that "stress" is the only problem, just making it worse. All sorts of things start to act up when the body is in a stress state. Is there anything you can do to lessen that stress? Could you work standing up part of the day? Learn to meditate? Listen to soothing music? Anything could help.
If that alone doesn't help and the doctor doesn't find anything that needs to be addressed immediately, acupuncture can really help with this kind of thing, as can chiropractic. (Your choice, poking or cracking. :) )

Thanks for the reply.....I'm gonna see someone about it, I thought perhaps others had experienced this too. My shoulders and the upper part of my body aches sooooo bad and no there are no stand up jobs that I can do. I listen to music all day on my Ipod, but I am stressed. In a few more minutes I plan on take 2 muscle relaxers and calling it a day, its been a rough week.....I work weekends.
GGky1959
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby coconut » 10 Feb 2013, 21:13

I'm sorry you're hurting. I have a second malady myself - I get migraine headaches, so sometimes I can't decide which end hurts worse. I try to take things one day at a time, and maintain hope that someday, I'll experience less pain.
coconut
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 12

Postby saintkilledher » 09 Mar 2013, 08:22

magnesium defientency?
lack of magnesium causes muscle spasms in all are areas of the body including the ass thats why it can tear.
i get leg spasms at night and they make me up.
saintkilledher
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 16