If this is piles

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

If this is piles

Postby GGky1959 » 18 Feb 2013, 13:35

I haven't seen a doctor yet, so everything is speculatory....but I'm on this site: http://www.proctocure.com/hemorrhoid_haemorrhoids_internalpiles.php and it has severe prospects of a cure if I'm in the 4th stage of hemmrroic piles.....like this thing will be on my but for the rest of my life???????? OMG...what else Lord is gonna happen to me???
GGky1959
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 25

Re: If this is piles

Postby coconut » 18 Feb 2013, 13:47

Have you been diagnosed with 4th stage piles or is this just speculative panic? Image
My first doc, who had no idea what she was doing, thought that my anal tag was a pile. The second doc said I had both. The third doctor was an expert in Butts, and said no, its just a tag, and not even a very large one at that.
What you're going to do from here on out is get better, because you're getting the help you need - gathering information, getting the correct treatment, and in general moving towards health instead of away from it. All good, positive steps. I refuse to believe that any of us here have nothing but butt pain to look forward to.
coconut
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 12

Postby GGky1959 » 18 Feb 2013, 14:07

coconut wrote:Have you been diagnosed with 4th stage piles or is this just speculative panic? Image
My first doc, who had no idea what she was doing, thought that my anal tag was a pile. The second doc said I had both. The third doctor was an expert in Butts, and said no, its just a tag, and not even a very large one at that.
What you're going to do from here on out is get better, because you're getting the help you need - gathering information, getting the correct treatment, and in general moving towards health instead of away from it. All good, positive steps. I refuse to believe that any of us here have nothing but butt pain to look forward to.

As brave as I want to be and as informative as I try to be......I'm scared and I'm overwhelmed by this. One day, your life is going on as normal then one bad trip from taking a dump turns your life upside down, I mean its just incredible to imagine the hell you'll have to endure because of it. I'm in a wait and see stage, I got a days to imagine the worst, days to try to find hope, days to cry on end, days to visit here and educate myself and to calm myself down....but what I don't have are days without PAIN....and now the prospect of dealing with this skin mass that I have no clue as to what it is or what it will do to me....clearly I'm overwhelmed and anyone in my case....would be, because I'm trying to find doctors that care and its sooo hard today to find doctors who truly care about your well being, its all about in and out with these doctors today, at least thats what I've experienced
GGky1959
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby coconut » 18 Feb 2013, 15:20

Breath.
Know that the information on the internet is overwhelming. I've been down the panic road a dozen times since this began. The gift of this site is that we don't have a bunch of people telling us we're going to be in pain forever. In general, there are plenty of stories of hope here.
You don't need a doctor who cares, you need a doctor who is able to stop your pain and get you on the road to health. It took me four doctors before I found one who seems to know what he's doing. The man is completely socially incompetent, but he knows butts. That's all I care about.
The vast likelyhood is that you have either a anal tag, which is normal for fissures, or you have a regular pile. Stage 4s are rare. I don't know what you've been reading, but everything I've read says that they are very treatable. Getting a solid diagnosis is just a good first step to making it go away.
You are safe. You are whole. This pain is not going to last forever. I promise.
coconut
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 12

Postby Rachael 1984 » 18 Feb 2013, 16:04

Sorry to hear you are suffering. Don't panic, seek a doctor who will listen and give you the care you need. Be firm and tell them you want help now! It may not be(and probably isn't) as serious as you think. It is deadly searching on the net and self diagnosing. I know I have done this, sending myself into utter panic and stress.
I am too in Fissure hell at the moment, it does take over your life, but with hope and help, we can support each other and get better. Please let us know what happens.
Rx
Hem Banding sept 2012
2Fissures
Nitro- Effective short term
April 2013-Botox-Effective short term
Diltazem-No effect, developed Rash
July 2014-Diagnosed High Resting Pressure
LIS performed on 17.9.14
Ongoing pain/re-tears. Awaiting pressure test results.
Rachael 1984

Topics: 26
Mood: Please heal!

Postby GGky1959 » 18 Feb 2013, 16:20

Rachael 1984 wrote:Sorry to hear you are suffering. Don't panic, seek a doctor who will listen and give you the care you need. Be firm and tell them you want help now! It may not be(and probably isn't) as serious as you think. It is deadly searching on the net and self diagnosing. I know I have done this, sending myself into utter panic and stress.
I am too in Fissure hell at the moment, it does take over your life, but with hope and help, we can support each other and get better. Please let us know what happens.
Rx

Rache, I plan on being very aggressive and stern when I see both my new PC doctor and this new surgeon. I want answers and I want relief and I won't settle anymore with just the standard fiber water speech and sent home. I'm looking at a 800 dollar bill from my last visit that rendered me with no answers or solutions. Yes, Yes yes we can support one another and be there for each other, something we all need at this point. I do however have a dear friend who's gone through this and she's been great giving me information and doctors to see. She had it so bad she had to quit the job, 3 years she went through this...something I'm trying hard to avoid. Again Rache, thank you so much for responding to me, I want you guys to know, without this site, the support I'm recieving, I'd proboally be dead...its just that bad for now. God bless each and everyone of us and you.
GGky1959
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby Lauren12 » 18 Feb 2013, 17:02

Hey GGky
Don't panic. Even if you do have haemorrhoids which don't resolve, they can be treated, as can a fissure, and you come up normal again at the end of treatment. I had a haemorrhoidectomy in 1998, recovered very quickly and was OK, with a normal butt, all the way until summer 2009 when I developed an anal fissure. On examination, it was also found I had more haemorrhoids (at the previous surgery, the surgeon only excised the worst). So, I had remaining haemorrhoids banded in 2010 AND, several months later, the LIS operation for the fissure. Butt went back to normal again and no more pain, no problems. I have still kept to the healthy diet I adopted when I developed the fissure however.
I know that surgery may not be the treatment for everyone, and if you can treat haemorrhoids and heal a fissure without it, great. But there is treatment for haemorrhoids if non-surgical treatments don't get rid of them.
Lauren12
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby GGky1959 » 18 Feb 2013, 17:10

Lauren12 wrote:Hey GGky
Don't panic. Even if you do have haemorrhoids which don't resolve, they can be treated, as can a fissure, and you come up normal again at the end of treatment. I had a haemorrhoidectomy in 1998, recovered very quickly and was OK, with a normal butt, all the way until summer 2009 when I developed an anal fissure. On examination, it was also found I had more haemorrhoids (at the previous surgery, the surgeon only excised the worst). So, I had remaining haemorrhoids banded in 2010 AND, several months later, the LIS operation for the fissure. Butt went back to normal again and no more pain, no problems. I have still kept to the healthy diet I adopted when I developed the fissure however.
I know that surgery may not be the treatment for everyone, and if you can treat haemorrhoids and heal a fissure without it, great. But there is treatment for haemorrhoids if non-surgical treatments don't get rid of them.

Thanks for responding to my comment Lauren.....I know that there's a light at the end of every dark cloud, its the getting there that makes you crazy.(smile). After finding this large pink mass on my butt, I haven't been the same. Its now 6pm, I've been stressing over this since yesterday....no sleep just tears. Thank God, I've been able to relax just a bit after reading the responses I've recieved today....the people here have been a god send, a true god send. I've even managed to laugh today at one of the comments here, so its been a stressful day, but an informative day. I just sent my husband to the store for this CuraCaine cream....just to get some relief from a bm made this morning.....[b]If I can just manage the pain, I can deal with this much better. I can focus and began a strategy to combat this. But I understand this ordeal so much better thanks to the support and responses I'm getting here. Again, thank you sooooooo much for understanding and God bless.
GGky1959
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby Lauren12 » 18 Feb 2013, 17:56

I so know how you feel. I stressed over so many things when I had the fissure - it's par for the course. Stress and muscle tension however increase any pain you're feeling so try and unwind if you can. When I was stressed, the pain from the fissure was always worse and my CRS confirmed that anxiety will have that effect.
The only way to put your mind completely at rest is obviously to get yourself checked out but I suspect it'll turn out to be either an external haemorrhoid or a skin tag, or maybe the sentinel pile that develops when you have a fissure (I had one of those too!). All of those are completely usual when people have butt problems. Let us know how things go at your appointment and I hope the CuraCaine brings you relief really soon.
Lauren12
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby marg6043 » 18 Feb 2013, 21:06

GGky1959, be careful with all the information you are reading in the net, remember without proper diagnostic of what you are suffering it turn into a guessing game.
For what I have read on your posts so far you are posting symptoms of fissure and now a sentinel pile, that is common with a long term fissure.
For years I believe that my problems were Hems, even was diagnosed after the birth of my first child with it after complains, then the littler tag appeared.
For 30 years on and off I treated the sometimes swollen tag with hem creams never going back to the doctor, I believe I had external hems that will bleed on and off and will go away for even years.
Then when things go really painful last year finally I went to the doctor that after examination told me that I only had a very small internal pile and will not be causing so much problems, so what I really had was a fissure problem that now was chronic and the sentile pile is large and doesn't get swollen as before but it hangs in there like old skin.
Don't worry once you get detail diagnostic you will get toconcetrate more on what is causing the problem.
Now if you are suffering from fissures hemorroid creams will hinder the healing of a fissure avoid hemorroid creams with a fissure, you need blood in the area not off the area
That was the biggest mistake I did for years, treating what i believe to be hemorrhoids with hemorroid creams and hindering the healing of the fissure.
Last edited by marg6043 on 18 Feb 2013, 21:44, edited 1 time in total.
marg6043
King Fissure

Topics: 8