Question for Nitro users

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Re: Question for Nitro users

Postby JHH » 27 Feb 2013, 14:49

Btw. Im on day 9, and have just now started to see a little progress. A little less headache, and the spasms only lasted 5 hours today.
- Fissure developed in Jan '13
- Started rectogesic in Feb '13 and diltiazem Apr '13.
- Got botox Jun '13
- Healed by Okt '13, although I still had some irritation for about a year.
- New fissure April '22, healed June 2022
- New fissure 24. December 2023
JHH

Topics: 16

Postby GGky1959 » 28 Feb 2013, 16:22

delasama wrote:Jr2 told me that they all work the same but only nitro gives headaches. And she said nifedipine is the best because diltiazem caused rashes for her.i hope this helps. I see my first crs next Wednesday and I'm going to ask for nifedipine if he gives me a cream. Also she said you might have to have nifedipine made at compounding pharmacy.

I'm gonna give this Rectiv a whirl and hopefully by the end of the tube, some progress would have been made. Meanwhile, I'm hopeful that the Naproxen and other OTC can help with the pain. The only px I have in my area are Walgreens, CVS and Cox...none are compounding
GGky1959
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 25

Postby GGky1959 » 28 Feb 2013, 16:23

JHH wrote:Btw. Im on day 9, and have just now started to see a little progress. A little less headache, and the spasms only lasted 5 hours today.

If the spasm are lasting 5 hours, are they still as severe as before or easing up a bit?
GGky1959
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 25

Postby PIA » 28 Feb 2013, 17:43

Hi Guys, I have been on the Nitro cream for 8 weeks. I was having big headaches with it. I now use a smaller amount and make sure I sit or lay down immediately after application until I think I can move without being hit by the headaches. This has dealt with the headaches and I can use it more frequently because I am using less at a time. I keep the total daily dose to 3-4 cm. I know they use this drug for Angina and they sometimes use a patch applied to the skin so it releases slowly. So I have no concern about using it more often just taking care about the total daily dose.
So I have been using it for 7 weeks now. Combined with warm baths, hot wheat packs, water and diet I feel greatly improved. No pain with BM but still can be hit with post BM spasms, burning and shooting pain but it is much, much less...even bearable. My sphincter however still remains tight throughout the day inhibiting healing of fissure. I am going to have Botox and colonoscopy next Tuesday. I think this will release the sphincter to assist with more healing. Fingers crossed. Image
PIA
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 4

Postby JHH » 01 Mar 2013, 01:30

GGky1959 wrote:
JHH wrote:Btw. Im on day 9, and have just now started to see a little progress. A little less headache, and the spasms only lasted 5 hours today.

If the spasm are lasting 5 hours, are they still as severe as before or easing up a bit?

They used to be 7-8 hours, sometimes even longer. Now they last shorter, and yes, like you say, less severe.
- Got botox Jun '13
JHH

Postby JHH » 01 Mar 2013, 01:30

GGky1959 wrote:

They used to be 7-8 hours, sometimes even longer. Now they last shorter, and yes, like you say, less severe.
- Got botox Jun '13
JHH