Worried its cancer not a fissure

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Worried its cancer not a fissure

Postby lisak78 » 03 Mar 2013, 11:43

I am getting so worried I have had a "fissure" for a year. It had its flare ups where I will bleed when I go to the bathroom and be painful to not being painful at all. The problem is is it won't heal I have looked at it and it looks like an open cut all the time. Even when it feels better it still always looks open. I am scared its cancer. The symptoms are similar and like I said its been a year and will not heal or close up. I have been to the doctor and they say its just a fissure but I'm not so sure. I'm 35 and scared to death.
lisak78

Topics: 3

Re: Worried its cancer not a fissure

Postby coconut » 03 Mar 2013, 12:05

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OaTO8_KNcuo
:)
I get worried that things are cancer, too. For what its worth, your story doesn't sound unusual from the people who post around here. If you see a gastroenterologist, they will probably want to do a colonoscopy. If that's what its going to take to put your mind at rest, go for it. Sometimes, its best to listen to your instincts.
coconut
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 12

Postby marg6043 » 03 Mar 2013, 14:04

lisak78 We all do, even I thought in the beginning that it was cancer.
But if you read about anal cancer or colon cancer is not like we think.
Most of the time anal cancer shows as a tumor.
So if you have an open sore more likely is a fissure.
We all had it and some can see from the outside some others do not.
I was able to look at the begining of my fissure, it showed as whitish like when you have a mouth sore.
Now I can not see that anymore, but that doesn't mean is not open in the inside.
Fissures can extend from the outside to the inside of the anal cavity and that is when they are chronic.
to get yoruself out of the worry stage is proper diagonostic like coconut say you probably will get a colonoscopy.
Don't be afraid is just routine procedure.
marg6043
King Fissure

Topics: 8

Postby Vin » 05 Mar 2013, 12:42

Have you tried a Nitro cream? This was the only thing to date that healed my external fissures. I still have other issues associated with this awful condition but Nitro cream helped me on the external.
Vin
Salt Bather

Topics: 6

Postby GGky1959 » 05 Mar 2013, 19:34

lisak78 wrote:I am getting so worried I have had a "fissure" for a year. It had its flare ups where I will bleed when I go to the bathroom and be painful to not being painful at all. The problem is is it won't heal I have looked at it and it looks like an open cut all the time. Even when it feels better it still always looks open. I am scared its cancer. The symptoms are similar and like I said its been a year and will not heal or close up. I have been to the doctor and they say its just a fissure but I'm not so sure. I'm 35 and scared to death.

The only true way to detect anything cancerous is through a biopsy. If your really concerned, than insist they take tissue samples and provide you with the results, until that happens my friend, please do not add unduly stress on yourself. The stress I've placed on me (recorded throughout these threads), took a tremendous toll that I'm convinced prolonged unnecessarily my road to healing and I can kick myself for ever going there. We have got to step back, stay focused and deal with this thing calmly. It took me a full week, just to use my Nitro cream, because I was afraid. For 1 intire week, I stressed uncontrollably over something that in the long run, ended up being a good thing for me. Please please please, take the advice of people here and flow with it, until you get actual results. I also want to add, that wounds that do not heal could also be a sign of diabetes...another test I got needle$$ly.
Lets just focus on this dreaded thing and keep the demons of speculation off the table, the stress will undoubtibly put you in zone that does more harm than good, believe me, I can attest to it. Image
GGky1959
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 25

Postby redbug12 » 09 Mar 2013, 17:31

lisak78 -
I agree with most people here. The only way to put rest to your fear is by getting a biopsy done. However, if it were to be really cancer don't you think you would have seen other symptoms or your condition would have got much worse in the past year?
redbug12
Fibre Addict

Topics: 3