Do you guys and gals work?

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Do you guys and gals work?

Postby JHH » 08 Mar 2013, 07:29

Just came to think about this. Since Im selfemployed, I pretty much put my hours when I can, but even then I havn't done much work the last month.
So, do you actually go to work, or call in sick? Personally, if I had a regular job, I wouldn't be able to work. Even the drive would be killing me...
How do you handle this?
- Fissure developed in Jan '13
- Started rectogesic in Feb '13 and diltiazem Apr '13.
- Got botox Jun '13
- Healed by Okt '13, although I still had some irritation for about a year.
- New fissure April '22, healed June 2022
- New fissure 24. December 2023
JHH

Topics: 16

Re: Do you guys and gals work?

Postby Rachael 1984 » 08 Mar 2013, 11:47

I have been off work for 2.5 months, I am in awful pain! 24-7! Totally taken over my life. I still need to wait for Botox.
My work have been understanding, but I am scared as I can't stay off forever! Will need to go in and try to get on with it. God knows how, I can hardly sit, my job consists of sitting, driving and standing. Sitting driving is awful!
Hem Banding sept 2012
2Fissures
Nitro- Effective short term
April 2013-Botox-Effective short term
Diltazem-No effect, developed Rash
July 2014-Diagnosed High Resting Pressure
LIS performed on 17.9.14
Ongoing pain/re-tears. Awaiting pressure test results.
Rachael 1984

Topics: 26
Mood: Please heal!

Postby delasama » 08 Mar 2013, 12:09

I got laid off over 4months ago. I had job offer a couple months ago and had to turn it down because I couldn't even walk after I pooped...fissure took over my life. I need money, but scared to try and work
delasama
King Fissure

Topics: 31

Postby owmybum » 08 Mar 2013, 13:19

Yes, I work, but only a couple of days a week. It is standing around all day, and can get really uncomfortable. I did have some time off a while ago when things got really bad, but I normally just try and get on with it.... And pop another painkiller if things get bad!!!
OMB
fissure after hem banding and tag removal feb 11
Pelvic floor therapy
Diltiazem
Botox June 13
Nitro
Internal flap July 14
EUA and polyps removed Nov 14
Diagnosed with neuropathy Jan 15
Diagnosed with HS EDS type 3 (causes poor wound healing )
owmybum

Topics: 42
Mood: UGH !

Postby Luka » 08 Mar 2013, 15:22

I'm currently unemployed and looking for work. I don't think I could handle working when having a lot of fissure pain, so I've been living at home with my mom while I recover from this. I do take surveys and take extra side jobs online (like writing for blogs) to earn some income, though.
January 2013 - Diagnosed with fissure. Eventually turned chronic.
History of IBS and anxiety disorder, along with fear of using bathrooms other than my own caused it.
Tried Diltiazem, but eventually developed a rash.
LIS surgery scheduled August 26th.
Luka
VIP

Topics: 38

Postby coconut » 08 Mar 2013, 16:23

I work out of my home. Its been rocky, but I've been doing it. If I had to commute to work, I would not be able to get there. If I didn't have a job which requires standing most of the time, I also wouldn't be able to keep it.
coconut
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 12

Postby CrackinUp » 08 Mar 2013, 17:08

I work from home and the fissure at its worst only stopped me for a few hours each day. Although I would have to take breaks and lie down, plus have regular baths which I wouldn't have been able to do in a job!
Work kept my mind off things too - my pain was always worse at weekends when I had more time to think / worry.
CrackinUp
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 11

Postby Reni » 08 Mar 2013, 17:57

I have been off from work 5 months... don't know when will I be normal and go to work
Reni
Salt Bather

Topics: 1

Postby PIA » 09 Mar 2013, 01:57

I work in a family business with my adult daughter and husband. It is normally quiet from December till now..thank goodness. They have been very supportive and I have just got in and helped when I can usually not in the mornings. The last three months I have been pretty well useless..lots of painful times but mostly feeling sorry for myself. I have been pretty good over the past few weeks with a few setbacks and I had botox 4 days ago. I and am now almost completely pain free and have had to take my "get over myself pill" and have got back into full time duties over the last few days since Botox. They have been very supportive and patient and I have been blessed to have them. The time off has given me time to reflect on the priorities in my life. I know I am not healed yet but being pain free is more than enough for now. long may it last. xx Pia
PIA
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 4

Postby CrayonOfDarkness » 09 Mar 2013, 14:02

I'm a full-time graduate student, thick in the middle of it and not happy about having to sit through hours of classes and appointments several days a week. I bicycle to school too, which maybe isn't good for my AF, but I'm sure driving isn't either and the exercise is beneficial. I just try not to cram the seat up my butt, you know.
It is tough though... I try to ignore it most of the time and keep my diet consistent, but I have no idea how well I'm healing if at all. I guess I won't know until a few months from now if there has been true improvement. I should be doing work right now but I keep thinking maybe I'll find some piece of advice that will work wonders, but maybe that's impossible.
CrayonOfDarkness
Salt Bather

Topics: 5