Planning on having LIS Done, should I go ahead ?

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

Re: Planning on having LIS Done, should I go ahead ?

Postby venki » 13 Mar 2013, 13:51

I had a visit with my CRS today, he said things look worse than last week, he said I might have picked up an infection as well since there's some swelling. He also mentioned about a possible fistula. I'm terrified right now. The CRS wants to do a EUA - (Examination Under Anaesthetic) and find out if I have more issues and then possible fissurectomy/LIS and treatment of Fistula. I cant wait to fix the date and make sure (hopefully) there isint much to worry about. Praying it's not anything major.
venki
Fibre Addict

Topics: 2

Postby coconut » 13 Mar 2013, 14:14

venki wrote:I had a visit with my CRS today, he said things look worse than last week, he said I might have picked up an infection as well since there's some swelling. He also mentioned about a possible fistula. I'm terrified right now. The CRS wants to do a EUA - (Examination Under Anaesthetic) and find out if I have more issues and then possible fissurectomy/LIS and treatment of Fistula. I cant wait to fix the date and make sure (hopefully) there isint much to worry about. Praying it's not anything major.

Most people do really well through these surgeries. There is every chance that you'll do great. Image
coconut
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 12

Postby venki » 18 Mar 2013, 09:12

I have finally set a date for the EUA(Thursday 03/21). I've been feeling a lot better compared to last week but I'm still in Pain, itchiness, Discomfort throughout the day. It's more after every BM. I have been applying coconut oil which seem to be helping a bit. Also noticed my sphincter muscles have started relaxing a bit, can feel it loosen while applying the Nifedepine ointment. But since last visit from CRS I noticed swelling in my left side of the anus, it's really hard (kinda feels like the muscle) and everytime I try to squeeze it I feel some kind of leakage thru my anus, while using wet wipes I notice blood. After this I feel very uncomfortable and feel some irritation. I think it's definitely a fistula. Hoping it's not too bad (like a horseshoe fistula) and can get it fixed this Thursday. I'm taking Thursday/Friday off and hope I will be able to work from home the rest of next week.
I had a question for people who have had fistualotomy in the past, does it involve LIS ? Because I feel my sphincter muscles have relaxed. I'm not sure if the fissure has healed as there is constant pain throughout the day.
venki
Fibre Addict

Topics: 2