As a Gay Bottom, need some insight

Please come in! Start your own personal thread, tell us a bit about yourself...and your fissure, of course. Welcome!

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

As a Gay Bottom, need some insight

Postby buttquestion » 19 Mar 2013, 20:52

Hi guys, first of all, I find this forum ROCKS. I've been battling with "butt problem" on and off for 3-4 years now.
I thought as a gay bottom, pain after butt sex is just normal. However, this kind of "pain" is "sharp" pain and it only happens during anal sex and during/after bowel movement.
After 4 years, I finally visited a doctor. My partner said he could see something hanging out so I thought it was hemorrhoid but it is actually Anal Fissure (hopefully the doctor is right!).
Anyway, long story short, my fissure problem seems a lot "mild" than some of you here. It was only really bad last year for about month and I started using sitz bath and the pain gradually went away after 2 months and I started enjoying Anal Sex again.
Well, this Fissure came back 4 months ago!!! I was annoyed.
This time the pain is not as strong as last year but IT IS JUST THERE. I can now have good bowel movement without pain (I squeeze out very gentle..and fast, short squeeze lol). My only concern is DOES THIS EVER GO AWAY? I can feel SOMETHING is there. It's not really pain.. it's like a minor "sting" or very short "Itch" when I bend down or sit in certain position. I know the "tear" is still there. I can feel it.
Again, I don't think I am nearly as serious as some of you here. I've learned a lot of useful info and I am determined TO BEAT THIS. I've completely changed my diet habits. My poop is now soft and I've even begun to exercise. It is like a complete life style change for me (for the better).
Does this ever go away? And why does it come back so easily? Do I really need to go through surgery to make my inner ring less tight? One thing I do know is that I need to keep my poop soft to rule out constipation as the cause.
Thanks in advance. I am curious to hear from people who are similar to me, especially gay bottoms that have had similar problem.
buttquestion
Salt Bather

Topics: 5

Re: As a Gay Bottom, need some insight

Postby Rachael 1984 » 20 Mar 2013, 06:59

Hello can't help you on the gay side, did you use creams to relax the muscle. Seen as you are not in bad pain maybe that would help to heal completely.
Normally GTN, this is nitro so it relaxes the muscle to allow healing.
Stratocaster may be able to give you some advice, he can be found on the member list.
Keep us posted.
Hem Banding sept 2012
2Fissures
Nitro- Effective short term
April 2013-Botox-Effective short term
Diltazem-No effect, developed Rash
July 2014-Diagnosed High Resting Pressure
LIS performed on 17.9.14
Ongoing pain/re-tears. Awaiting pressure test results.
Rachael 1984

Topics: 26
Mood: Please heal!

Postby buttquestion » 20 Mar 2013, 08:49

Hi there!
My doctor prescribed me 25mg Hydrocortisone Acetate (12 of them for 12 days). I've used 9 of them so far but then I start reading this thread and decide to stop using them.
My condition is not that severe. It was pretty bad last year for about 2 weeks (typical bleeding, sitting on a grape, inner ring spasm) but then I sitz up twice a day for several weeks and it eventually got reduced to very minimal level. I don't think it ever really "went away"... maybe I didn't let it rest long enough and got back to anal sex too soon?
Anyway, I finally bought Rectogesic 0.2% online. I can't seem to buy this in USA?? It's coming from UK and hopefully I can get it within 10 days. I am excited to try Nitro.. I want it completely heal!!
Speaking about healing, are there any other tips?
I thought I had internal hemorrhoid and one of the things I read is that I need to strength my butt muscle and ass muscle to avoid hemorrhoid from happening again. That's why I start doing exercise. However, one of the exercises is Squat. I find that Squat exercise may irritate my fissure.. not sure if it's all in my head (as that's why I keep thinking about everyday!!!) or not.
I do very light running in place with some weights. I do stretches too as they say people that are more stretching tend to not get hemorrhoid or maybe fissure too?
I've also completely taken Caffeine out of my diet. I used to drink so much coffee and I never knew it dehydrates me so much. I am now drinking a lot of water and skip all Spicy food.
buttquestion
Salt Bather

Postby Rachael 1984 » 20 Mar 2013, 09:23

Hello! I take stool softener and keep my diet cleaner. No junk food. I lubricate before a BM and then use the Dilt Cream. I already used Rectogesic, but unfortunately mine are now chronic.
I go in for Botox on 4th April. I am in the UK, so they like to try this before surgery.
I would suggest keeping to a good diet with enough Fibre and water. Lubricating helps if you get the harder stool first.
I have trouble with constipation because of IBS.
You will work out your own regime that suits you. Coconut oil is good to use for any irritation.
When you get the Nitro start with 1.5 cm then go up to the 2.5 cm dose. It can cause headaches. I did this, then after a few weeks the side effects subsided.
Hope this helps.. Have you seen a CRS? Where are you located?!
Hem Banding sept 2012
2Fissures
Nitro- Effective short term
April 2013-Botox-Effective short term
Diltazem-No effect, developed Rash
July 2014-Diagnosed High Resting Pressure
LIS performed on 17.9.14
Ongoing pain/re-tears. Awaiting pressure test results.
Rachael 1984

Topics: 26
Mood: Please heal!

Postby met6lqae » 20 Mar 2013, 10:58

Hi friend
Seems once someone starts experiencing Hems or AFs that it will be much easier to have them again. The skin in that area may be made weaker with each tear, so complete healing is your foremost goal.
Loooks like right now your just in the beginning stages of what could turn into a battle later on. Not sure you would want to continue anal sex if the AFs are recurring. I've been through that mild period and thought this is no big deal. But then it progressed and lingered and I knew I had to make some serious changes.
Perhaps you want to give yourself a window of a month or so of no AF symptoms or no discomfort down there.
Keep up the research. Look for a culprit, not just a quick remedy. Good luck
met6lqae
Fibre Addict

Topics: 1

Postby Savaici » 20 Mar 2013, 11:49

buttquestion,
Nitro goes by the name of Rectiv in the USA. Otherwise you have to have it made up here at a compounding pharmacy.
Great that you managed to get it from the UK, anyway, and hopefully it did not cost too much. Rectiv is expensive here.
Savaici
Administrator

Topics: 222

Postby buttquestion » 20 Mar 2013, 13:13

So, what determines acute or chronic AF? Mine lasts quite a while... but it's never that serious. It was only really serious for about 2 weeks last year. As long as I don't do anal sex, my AF doesn't affect me much.
However, I want/need anal sex. That's something I truly enjoy and I cannot give that up. That's why I came here.. to find out how I can get it to heal completely.
You are right that I never really let it rest enough. The longest I've let it heal is about 4 weeks. I am going to push it to 6 weeks this time with no anal sex at all.. not even fingering. Sorry it sounds so graphic but you don't know how frustrating it is to have fissure as a Bottom gay man.
Oh, I thought you have to get it prescribed to get Nitro here and that's why I bought it from UK (United Pharmacy?). I don't have a good connection with a doctor here and I don't know if they'll give me nitro and that's why I bought it from that website. Hopefully it can arrive.
Another problem is I've been having fissure for years and I kind of forgot what a totally pain free Ass feels like.. lol For about 2 months last year, I would describe anal sex pretty mild pain and it was very manageable. I should have let it heal longer.. sigh. Fissure came back last August, I battled with it for a while but didn't know what to do until recently. And 3 weeks ago, I had a pretty rough anal sex and it really aggravated fissure and that's when I saw a doctor and found out that it's Fissure and not Hemorrhoid.
PS: Holy cow, Rectiv costs $435?? I read that nitro 0.2% VS 2% has no real difference...
buttquestion
Salt Bather

Postby buttquestion » 20 Mar 2013, 13:19

Rachael 1984 wrote:Hope this helps.. Have you seen a CRS? Where are you located?!

You know what, I googled it and some said to visit a gastroenterologist and that's the term I used to find a doctor in my area. (Waldorf, Maryland zip code 20603).
I should have seen a CRS instead? I thought both of them cover the same thing. No wonder he prescribed me hydrocortison instead of nitro.
Are there any good CRS in DC/Maryland area?
buttquestion
Salt Bather

Postby buttquestion » 20 Mar 2013, 13:22

Has anyone tried Dr. Wheatgrass? That's like the first thing that comes up when I search for anal fissure cream and cure...
The info on that website makes it very convincing. lol Has anyone tried it? I am waiting for my nitro to show up but I am getting impatient. LOL
------------
Another quick question. My partner said he notices some "skin tag". Would this skin tag go away or I need surgery for it? I really don't want surgery as surgery will take even longer to heal but if I want a completely no-pain butt, that may be my only option. Again, the pain I am experiencing now is very very minimal but I know it's still there. It may even have a little "lump" or "bump". I think the bump has reduced in size a little now after 2 weeks.
buttquestion
Salt Bather

Postby MarkMan » 21 Mar 2013, 18:03

Hey I am gay also, and used to be a big time bottom, I do not have a fissure but an abscess which my doc wants me to have removed. I postponed it for as long as I could but it looks like I'm going to have to have it taken out regardless.
Fissures can be painful I hear, ask your doc about solutions, and things to ease your pain. I know it sucks, but maybe take a break from anal sex until it heals. Play it by ear, listen to your body, and keep doing the exercises and sitz baths.
MarkMan
Fibre Addict

Topics: 3