Did you "ch-eat" Easter sunday.....C'mon share your story.

Discuss changes in diet that have helped you manage your fissure, or any supplements or medications/creams that have been effective.

Return to Diet Tips / Supplements

Did you "ch-eat" Easter sunday.....C'mon share your story.

Postby Guest » 31 Mar 2013, 12:08

Happy Easter ALL
So lets get right to it. Another Holiday, another time for all of us to ponder what best to stuff our face with. Because we ultimately know that 12-24 or even 36 hours later we may have to pay for it big time.
So was it easy for you guys not to eat some things on Easter. Is it not any special day you have to worry about so far as diet is concerned? It can be a struggle not to join in with friends to partake of those foods we know our fissures are salivating over.
Barbecue, Pizza, Lasagna, Home cooked bread all steeped with a heaping helping of salt and pepper, cinnamon, chyme, allspice.........STOP!!!!!!!
April 1st, you know the feeling, you have to go, it feels like your holding five pounds down there, you try to pass gas to see if it feels like it's going to be soft or hard. It feels hard........
You grudgingly trudge towards the ICU that others call the restroom with your fav magazine along with your fav lubricant.
Sounds familiar guys. It doesn't have to be this way right? I do hope you all enjoy your Easter holiday and eat responsibly. My dormant fissures whispered in my ear to go ahead and buy that pizza, they swore to me they wouldn't sprout, but I thought the better of it and said no thanks.
GL guys
Last edited by Guest on 31 Mar 2013, 13:45, edited 3 times in total.
Reason: typo

Re: Did you "ch-eat" Easter sunday.....C'mon share your story.

Postby CrayonOfDarkness » 31 Mar 2013, 16:31

I actually just told my family I wasn't up for visiting. I can't sit in the car for long periods (over an hour away), and I wouldn't be able to eat anything unless I brought it, so it just seemed like not a good idea. I feel bad in some ways, but I can't risk retearing or being super uncomfortable for hours when I'm finally seeing progress. Maybe next year. :/
CrayonOfDarkness
Salt Bather

Topics: 5

Postby owmybum » 01 Apr 2013, 02:38

I had lots of family over for the weekend... Plus it was my sons birthday!
I just made sure that along with the pizza there was lots of nice salad selections.!!
I have will power of steel.... And resisted all the pizza, cake, pies !!!
OMB x
fissure after hem banding and tag removal feb 11
Pelvic floor therapy
Diltiazem
Botox June 13
Nitro
Internal flap July 14
EUA and polyps removed Nov 14
Diagnosed with neuropathy Jan 15
Diagnosed with HS EDS type 3 (causes poor wound healing )
owmybum

Topics: 42
Mood: UGH !

Postby Jackmaniac » 01 Apr 2013, 08:52

My Easter's have always involved more of a brunch than unhealthy food. Had some baked ham, some kind of an egg casserole, chopped up potatoes. Nothing too terrible.
Jackmaniac
Salt Bather

Topics: 3

Postby Luka » 02 Apr 2013, 14:28

We actually didn't do anything for Easter this year. I had a chicken Caesar salad and some cinnamon apples (yum!) at Boston Market. That was about it.
January 2013 - Diagnosed with fissure. Eventually turned chronic.
History of IBS and anxiety disorder, along with fear of using bathrooms other than my own caused it.
Tried Diltiazem, but eventually developed a rash.
LIS surgery scheduled August 26th.
Luka
VIP

Topics: 38

Postby muzgut22 » 21 Apr 2013, 17:57

Buttastic, your post is hilarious. I know Easter has come and gone but I find eating right a constant battle. After a few weeks of being pain free it seems to easy to go for that pizza and cookies. And everytime I have a retear. It's a constant struggle and it's scary to think that it will be a constant struggle for the rest of my life. But all I can do is try to be consistent with my diet.
muzgut22
Fibre Addict

Topics: 5

Postby Guest » 22 Apr 2013, 11:39

Yeah its a struggle.
Hopefully you can find the few offenders that you have to stay away from long enough to completely heal your fissures.
Thats what happened with me. Now I can enjoy a pizza here or there and a few other offenders but a lot less often. I'll also always consume some "natural lax's" that I know will help that pizza out, like milk or mixed juices.
GL