Extra Virgin Coconut Oil - omg - it's fracken working

Please help others by posting your success story here. Tell us what worked for you, before you move on with your fissure-free life!!

Return to Anal Fissure Success Stories

Re: Extra Virgin Coconut Oil - omg - it's fracken working

Postby Sufferingbadly » 17 Apr 2015, 00:41

I'm trying this starting tomorrow. I'm just suffering way too much! Wish me luck!! :)
Sufferingbadly
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 5

Postby Alyssa » 17 Apr 2015, 01:46

Good luck!
2/14 Fissure developed
3/14 Diagnosed w/ fissure given Nifedipine
4/14 Referred to Pelvic Floor Physical Therapy=Pelvic Floor Dysfunction
5/14 Fissure declared "healed"/chronic anal pain persists
9/5/14 Botox to pelvic floor
9/22 biofeedback
Alyssa
VIP

Topics: 26

Postby ricebear » 16 May 2015, 19:40

Hello all. This is my first time visiting the forum, after only 6 days of agony followed by a visit to the ER. The diagnosis almost sounded like a joke when I heard it......NOT!! This has been very unpleasant.
Anyway, off topic.
I read here about coconut oil, and the one I bought is semi=solid at room temp. I heated a bit of it up in the Microwave, and then put it in the fridge. Should work great for suppositories. But I'm wondering what the heck I can do with it for oral ingestion? Any ideas anyone? Do you melt it and just take it down with a spoon? YUCH! Any good ideas how it can be disguised? Thanks for all the support everyone!
ricebear

Postby Sufferingbadly » 16 May 2015, 20:49

Hi ricebear!
:wel: I'm sorry you're in so much pain that you've found yourself here, but the good news is, I've found the forums only a month ago and have discovered so much useful information to not only help me stay positive, but to help me on my "path of healing" also. I hope you get all the answers your looking for on here also. Anyway, as far as digesting the coconut oil, I do it with a spoon and chug a bunch of water afterwards. (I tell myself that I've had alcoholic beverages that taste worse!) :tongue: but you can put it in soup, or coffee, tea, maybe mix it with lemon and honey.. I mix it in with my husbands coffee (he says it gives his coffee a nice flavor). I did notice that once I started taking it internally, my appetite was curbed.
Sufferingbadly
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby ricebear » 17 May 2015, 21:11

Thank you Suffering. But it's in a semi-solid form. I actually had some success using "Paleo" diet recipes, for non-baked cookies. Take the hard coconut oil, add some caramel or chocolate sauce, some granola, and if you want, add in some flax seed (anything to help keep things movin!) Mix it all up and put in the fridge. It hardens back up, and you can take a spoon to roll it into little "cookie balls". YUM! Thanks for the support!
ricebear

Postby anyway » 27 May 2015, 07:09

I've been using coconut oil for a while and how hard it is seems to be totally dependent on the temperature it's in. In the fridge it's hard, in a North Australian winter it's malleable and can be shaped into those great suppositories but in summer it is pure oil. Regarding ingesting, the thought of oil especially if it's in little clods is pretty gross but I've found that if I put it in just enough hot water to turn it to liquid then I don't even notice when I drink it. Hope that helps a little.
anyway
Fibre Addict

Topics: 2

Postby Throughgrittedteeth » 05 Jul 2015, 16:26

Hi, I'm new here! Can you buy coconut oil suppositories in UK?
Throughgrittedteeth

Postby Sufferingbadly » 05 Jul 2015, 17:09

Hi TGT,

I don't believe they sell coconut oil suppositories anywhere. You would have to make them yourself. It's not difficult to do. Some people on here have used foil, suppository mold they bought online, I use super cling clear plastic wrap (the kind to cover food.)
Sufferingbadly
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby anyway » 06 Jul 2015, 03:59

I've tried foil and failed. I just put it in the fridge until it's a bit harder so I can roll it into the right shape.
anyway
Fibre Addict

Topics: 2

Postby Throughgrittedteeth » 14 Jul 2015, 01:33

I found this forum after a desperate search for some pain relief. After months of pain (that puts it lightly doesn't it?) I have bus not had a pain killer for a week! For the last 3 days, although a couple of painful BM's (nothing like before though) I've been almost feeling normal!!! I use FYBOGEL and have upped my fluids (mainly water intake) and bought myself some coconut (Virgin) oil. I apply after every BM (after cleaning with a moist wipe as opposed to loo roll) and before bed. I also use it as a spread on seeded bread! Oh, I mustn't forget I eat All Bran for breakfast now. Really is worth trying all these. No shooting pains in the last 3 days either. My fissure is still there but the pain relief in a week is just that... a relief. At least I'm having a break from it. (I'm in UK)
Throughgrittedteeth