Is hair bad?

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Is hair bad?

Postby delasama » 21 Apr 2013, 23:05

I read on here that hair can cause piles or something. I have a hairy butt. Should I get laser hair removal? Is laser hair removal safe around anus? My fissure is finally healing. Am I just paranoid? I don't want a hairy butt anyway. Is laser safe down there?
delasama
King Fissure

Topics: 31

Re: Is hair bad?

Postby 3 years now » 22 Apr 2013, 08:30

oh my
3 years now
Salt Bather

Topics: 9

Postby Ever the Optimist » 22 Apr 2013, 12:32

Hi Delasama!
Don't know much about laser hair removal on the butt but I doubt the hair's going to truly have any effect on your fissure! It's people with pilonidal issues (sinus', cysts etc.) that are generally advised to shave down there as it's thought hairs can pierce the skin causing "holes" & little tunnels, which can become infected. It's generally external on the cleft of the buttocks, so a totally different issue to a fissure. Hair definitely does NOT cause piles!!
I think maybe a little paranoia setting in there??? but I'm sure if you want a hair-free butt and seriously look into the procedure, you'll be just fine!!! Sorry, I did have to laugh a little at your post!! My partner has a monster of a hairy butt (and he's not got piles!!) Image
Chronic Fissure diagnosed December 2011
Healed by Diltiazem around Feb 2013
Anal Fistula followed burst abscess in June 2012
2 internal troublesome piles remain & suspected, but undiagnosed, ongoing Levator Ani type symptoms & flare-ups
Ever the Optimist

Topics: 24
Mood: Living life again

Postby Reptaronice » 22 Apr 2013, 14:29

I am very hairy also back there. The last post is correct, it can cause a cysts which is what happened to me and I had to have it surgiucally removed.
Hair around the anus will however cause you to have to wipe many more times than the average non hairy person. Wiping more often can = irritated hemmoroids. I have learned to wash after a BM to take care of this.
You can also shave down there but the 1st few times prepare for some feirce itching and razor stubble. If you do decide to shave use deodeorant on the sides of your cheeks it will stop razor burn.
Last edited by Reptaronice on 23 Apr 2013, 06:07, edited 1 time in total.
Reptaronice
Fibre Addict

Topics: 1

Postby Luka » 22 Apr 2013, 23:56

Being female, I don't have much hair on my butt, but I used to shave in that area. Since the fissure, though, I don't dare to go near that area with anything sharp. Yikes! I'll live with a little butt hair, thanks. Plus, shaving makes it all itchy and uncomfortable and I'm uncomfortable enough as it is with the fissure.
I really don't think butt hair can cause piles. But I could be wrong. I think you should just relax, delasama. Your fissure is healing and you're feeling a lot better, so that should be something, right? : ) Stress just exacerbates things.
January 2013 - Diagnosed with fissure. Eventually turned chronic.
History of IBS and anxiety disorder, along with fear of using bathrooms other than my own caused it.
Tried Diltiazem, but eventually developed a rash.
LIS surgery scheduled August 26th.
Luka
VIP

Topics: 38