just go away already!

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

just go away already!

Postby drew37619 » 12 May 2013, 19:26

I'm 18 years old and have been struggling with an anal fissure (or multiple) for a while now. It seems like it gets alot better for a certain amount of days/weeks where all i feel is a little itching but then all of the sudden after a BM it starts hurting again and i have to start all over again. I workout 4 days a week, doing heavy squats deadlifts etc, but it doesnt hurt during my lifts. It only hurts after a BM ONCE IN A WHILE. i just bought some miralax and coconut oil and i am praying that these will work.. As an18 year old who wants to compete in strongman events, this is a HORRIBLE thing to have and its really starting to make me depressed. I wouldn't wish this on my worst enemy! Any more tips besides miralax/coconut oil/epsom salt baths? Would soaking in chlorinated water help or hurt? Thanks guys..
drew37619
Fibre Addict

Topics: 2

Re: just go away already!

Postby Deleted User 2651 » 15 May 2013, 09:27

Hi Drew,
I'm not sure about the chlorinated water. I haven't been in a pool lately.
I do use coconut oil and it seems to help. The best advice is to eat a lot of fiber, drink a ton of water, keep the area clean and dry, etc.
Some people really like aloe as well. Like the pure all natural aloe. If you're in the U.S. I believe you can find this at Vitamin Shoppe. For me I find if I apply vaseline (on the area and a little inside) before a BM it helps me alot.
I hear ya on the depression. It can be so incredibly heartbreaking. Just know that you're not alone. Hang in there.
Deleted User 2651