Botox diary

A place for you to keep a record of your healing or surgery.

Return to Diaries

Botox diary

Postby Asore Arse » 27 May 2013, 15:03

Image ok, so it's nearly a week since Botox and things are feeling good. When i woke up in hospital i felt ok, but very sore, and was given a ggod few doses of pain killers. then the First few days v sore and needed painkillers. The first night i spent lying on my side or tummy in bed. Then stopped with painkillers after a few days. I have tried to not sit down much, or to sit/ lie on my side, so as not to put pressure on the area - god knows if this has helped but it felt right to try and I'm feeling quite good. I was advised to keep the area, clean and dry first few days.....but after having read what others have done I decided that I would just do this for the first day, then start using the coconut oil and recto. For the first day or two I cleaned the area with sterile water rather than bathe, but then after two days I started bathing again in Epsom salts. I am aware of the area, it is a little sore, but really hardly anything. The main consequence at the mo is not knowing when a angel gas is coming and not being able to contain it! Bit disconcerting!
I am taking a walk every day.....I want to get back to swimming and using the gym, but not sure when to do this....I'm worried about disturbing the healing....we'll see. Will update soon. But so far so good. :D
Asore Arse
Salt Bather

Topics: 6

Re: Botox diary

Postby Asore Arse » 29 May 2013, 12:19

Hi just wanted to explain my poll above ....I have realised over the years that I definitely tense my sphincter muscle, out of stress and emotional tension. I know it's common for people to hold tension in their jaw or backs/shoulders, but I just wondered how common it is for people to hold it in this muscle ....and how cone that's where I hold it rather than in my back! I do also hold it in my jaw sometimes, anyway just wondered if anyone else has noticed this about themselves and whether this mayb connected to then having high resting tension and therefore getting fissures!? AA
Asore Arse
Salt Bather

Postby Asore Arse » 29 May 2013, 12:21

Ps it's just over a week and I'm doing quite good with feeling better.... Trying to keep off my feet, baths, coconut oil and recto...... I'm also taking bee pollen mainly for hayfever, but I think it's full of ace nutrition so hopefully a general immune system booster, I like to think it's helping thank you to the bees x
Asore Arse
Salt Bather

Postby Asore Arse » 29 May 2013, 12:22

I meant off my arse and on my feet!
Asore Arse
Salt Bather

Postby Asore Arse » 01 Jun 2013, 01:21

Ok just to let every know that this regime is going well (feels scary to say....as i know a set back could be round the corner!), i can now sit down with no pain, BM no pain and no pain after... It's been 10 days since botox (they also curettaged (scraped it clean) the fissure. Will carry on with routine. Will update here if any changes.....otherwise assume this is going well :D
Asore Arse
Salt Bather

Postby Asore Arse » 17 Jun 2013, 14:22

Nearly 4 weeks.  I do feel a bit more pain now.....I am not sure if its cos I've had some alcohol here and there, or if its because I had a bad wind day or so and forced out some farts, I didn't think it would hurt but I think it does hurt to strain that area even for a angel gas....so I do feel a little setback....not to bad, but I am feeling a bit more pain there now.
Asore Arse
Salt Bather

Postby Asore Arseagain » 14 Jul 2014, 09:39

Hello All,

It s actually the same person ....Asore Arseagain.....was Asore Arse, but i had to reregister and so change name slightly, i just want to properly finish off this diary by saying its over a year since I had the botox and it completely sorted the fissure, I did have some difficulty controlling wind, but that seems to have settled down, and i did i some small accidents/ leaks during sex - yuk i know.... But i have had a few other procedures over the years such as an LIS before so i dont think this symptom is just down to botox..even tho this symptom did appear after the botox...any way all the symptoms have improved, so perhaps its juts a temp side affect, its def worth having the botox to be free of the fissure, side effects can be managed! And worked around. AA
Asore Arseagain
Fibre Addict

Postby JHH » 15 Jul 2014, 02:45

Great news. Thanks for the update, and yet another botox success story :-)
- Fissure developed in Jan '13
- Started rectogesic in Feb '13 and diltiazem Apr '13.
- Got botox Jun '13
- Healed by Okt '13, although I still had some irritation for about a year.
- New fissure April '22, healed June 2022
- New fissure 24. December 2023
JHH

Topics: 16