my success story

Please help others by posting your success story here. Tell us what worked for you, before you move on with your fissure-free life!!

Return to Anal Fissure Success Stories

my success story

Postby allhealedup » 27 May 2013, 18:50

My af story started 4 months ago when I gave birth. I developed some mean hemeroid (sp) caused during birth. About a week later I tore due to severe constipation, which obviously, if I knew what I know now, I would have never strained. Labor had nothing on this... At least there is an epidural for labor pain. My af left me in so much pain I thought i would never have anymore kids.
Well on to my healing, right... Id like to just say first, that without this site I would have never found the resources to help me get better. So thank you to everyone who posted what worked for them. It really is what works for you, and dont feel silly trying whatever crazy thing is on this site. Here are the top things that worked for me :
1. Kegals - this may not work for those who have severe tightness or muscle spasms. Ive had periodic anal spasms since I was a kid, but i never felt that my anal was to tight, for me kegals were the turning point when i started seeing real improvement albiet slow, but still. I started small and slow. Everything was still all messed up from my delivery down there to begin with. So i would do 5 sets of 10 second kegals (btw i basically clinched the whole area not just my lady parts)
2. Bananas, sweet poatos and double fiber english muffins helped me. Also i notice chinese food made things very nice for me... But to each thier own on that one
3. Palmers coconut butter. After a hot bath or shower i rub it right on my anus. Very nice for iching and i truely believe it may have healing agents
4. Hot baths ... Duh, af 101.
5. Baby wipes. I will never go back to paper. Never.
It took a good 2 months to see the bleeding stop and searing razor blade pain to stop. Also, during that time i stopped breast feeding which may have helped with the hydration issue.
So im happy to report for about two weeks ive felt great... Although sometimes i do get an itch so awful in my anal area that i have to lay down... But the coconut butter helps.
allhealedup

Topics: 1

Re: my success story

Postby Kreaybutt » 27 May 2013, 18:58

Nice to see another fellow mommy on here! My ad problem also started after giving birth. Actually after my first post birth BM! Ouch that was scary. I am exclusively breast feeding and fear that may have some to do with it but I try to drink at least 3 liters a day of water. Did you take any stool softener? I miss Chinese food and now may try it again! lol
Kreaybutt
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 30

Re: my success story

Postby allhealedup » 28 May 2013, 13:59

Hi fellow mommy (: I used stole softners here and there, nothing routine. They created too much pressure for me.
allhealedup

Topics: 1