If you take Miralax, is what you eat as important?

Discuss changes in diet that have helped you manage your fissure, or any supplements or medications/creams that have been effective.

Return to Diet Tips / Supplements

Re: If you take Miralax, is what you eat as important?

Postby Just 'Pain' Tired » 17 Jun 2013, 23:04

Good questions.  I, too, have gone back and forth between being strict and looser with diet.  I notice a general trend, unrelated to diet, which could be more hormonal (although I am post-menopausal), the same diet some weeks produces harder stools than the exact same diet other weeks.  Also, I definitely love popcorn (air-popped but oil or butter added) and have mostly given it up during this most upleasant phase of life (i.e., months).  I do think the hulls are just a little too prickly, who needs that?  However, I haven't been constipated or too plugged up with it either.  So, I've given up popcorn (95%), coffee (95%, an occasional weekend day I'll enjoy it), fried, fatty foods (95%), cheese (just a little as garnish, never a lot) and make sure I eat plenty of the healthy grains, veggies,fruits,  and proteins (and water).  Some days add magnesium or a stool softener (sodium dosculate) if it's getting too firm. I didn't like Miralax and I do take Metamucil daily.  It's hard to figure out but necessary for dealing wih this condition!!!  Good luck! :D
Just 'Pain' Tired
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 10