I got nitro ointment

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Re: I got nitro ointment

Postby Deleted User 2651 » 06 Jun 2013, 12:00

I am currently using nitro. I wear gloves and squeeze some out on a finger. Then slowly and gently apply it to the opening and inside.
I did get the light headed/headache feeling the first few times using it. It only lasted maybe 5 minutes. My CRS said that even though I'm not experiencing that anymore doesn't mean it's not working.
Best of luck!
Deleted User 2651

Postby Please go-away! » 07 Jun 2013, 06:42

3 years now wrote:the side effect is headache and light headedness. Nitro lowers blood pressure, causing those "minor" side effects. I was told it gets better as your body adjust to it.
I am on day 2 with the nitro, using my finger to get some up there. This is fun isn't it??
splinterboy to answer your question on cost: I live in Canada, the nitro has to be made by a compounding pharmacy - it cost me $33 canadian dollars for a tube of it. I can expense it back through my employer.

I'm from Canada too (Ontario) My Gastro Doctor prescribed me a compound made of 0.2% nitroglycerine and 5% Xylocaine. It cost me about $44.00 dollars, I dont have a plan, not working.
My Doctor states that I apply a pea size amount to anus (just that, not inside) at bed-time.
Fissure fighter
Please go-away!
King Fissure

Topics: 15

Postby 3 years now » 07 Jun 2013, 08:20

hmmm - I wish my doctor added xylocaine to the prescription, that would help with the pain I think.
Bottom line is that if you put it on the outside, some will go inside as well. I am trying to get my finger up there just a bit, without hurting myself.
3 years now
Salt Bather

Topics: 9