8 foods that heal anal fissures

Discuss changes in diet that have helped you manage your fissure, or any supplements or medications/creams that have been effective.

Return to Diet Tips / Supplements

8 foods that heal anal fissures

Postby saintkilledher » 10 Jun 2013, 09:17

have been reading about the most healthy foods on the planet and they mentioned hemmies and fissures and ibs responding well.
it also says that ibs sufferers should only eat salads and stay away from vegetables and citrus fruits and eat mostly these 8 foods listed
1 seeweed
2 coconut
3 pawpaw
4 banana
5 fish
6 eggs
7 avocado
8 apples
saintkilledher
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 16

Re: 8 foods that heal anal fissures

Postby crimeofpassion » 10 Jun 2013, 09:24

That's funny. I thought eggs contributed to constipation. Everyone here seems to heavily warn against apples, and bananas seem to do mixed things to people as well (some can have 'em, others can't).
crimeofpassion
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby saintkilledher » 10 Jun 2013, 20:53

eggs dont cause constipation..white devils do like flour pruducts of any kind white rice and potato and sugar and the worst is lack of water and excercise...those 8 foods in the list are the oldest and most easiest foods to find in nature and the most nutriant dense of any foods.of any animal protien the egg is the safest and most nutritious and easiest to diggest.and the coconut is a miricle food.anyone can have probleems with friut if they eat it after other foods as it can ferment in the gut...fruit should be eatern first and wait 30 mins before you eat another meal and fermentation will not happen...no more gas bloating and acid reflux or the runs.
saintkilledher
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby Ever the Optimist » 11 Jun 2013, 14:58

Yes, Crime, it really does depend on the individual......
Apples are not an issue at all for me and even better I find, pureed apples as these are great for soft BM's.....
Bananas that are under-ripe are a no-no but a softer banana is also not a problem for me.
I don't actually have an issue with potatoes but also the way in which you eat them makes a difference - Small, new potatoes and jackets (with their skins on for eg) are a lot better than eating mash or chips (because then you start adding butter/ milk or fry them) but the fruit tip is a really good one made by Saint. I also agree that fruit should also be eaten first (at least 30 mins) prior to any other foods because of the fermentation process and to prevent gas & bloating.
Chronic Fissure diagnosed December 2011
Healed by Diltiazem around Feb 2013
Anal Fistula followed burst abscess in June 2012
2 internal troublesome piles remain & suspected, but undiagnosed, ongoing Levator Ani type symptoms & flare-ups
Ever the Optimist

Topics: 24
Mood: Living life again

Postby crimeofpassion » 13 Jun 2013, 09:18

So are the egg yolks okay too?
I found mixed information online about eggs. Some websites say they're binding and can help contribute to bowel problems.
crimeofpassion
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby Guest » 13 Jun 2013, 10:33

crime of passion, please include olive oil in your diet i have also dropped 25 pounds in the last 3 years of this fissure episode and i just started doing like 3 table spoons of olive oil, its healthy and it gives an extra 400 calories per day. try it . get cold pressed extra virgin olive oil only.

Postby crimeofpassion » 13 Jun 2013, 10:39

splinterboy2013 wrote:crime of passion, please include olive oil in your diet i have also dropped 25 pounds in the last 3 years of this fissure episode and i just started doing like 3 table spoons of olive oil, its healthy and it gives an extra 400 calories per day. try it . get cold pressed extra virgin olive oil only.

I tried eating a bit of olive oil - just dipped my finger in it to see what it tasted like, and thought I was going to die. Godawful bad.
crimeofpassion
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby Deleted User 2651 » 13 Jun 2013, 15:50

crimeofpassion... I'm laughing out loud about the olive oil taste. I read online that it helps and went home, opend the bottle, tilted my head back and poured in about a tablespoon, swallowed and ALSO thought I was going to die.... I thought 'Oh God, don't let this be how I go... death from olive oil" haha
Now I just put some in my brown rice :)
Deleted User 2651

Postby Kreaybutt » 13 Jun 2013, 16:01

I've started the olive oil... I gag and cough and make the ugliest face but ill drink it again and again if it helps! lol
Kreaybutt
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 30

Postby Deleted User 2651 » 13 Jun 2013, 16:17

TOO FUNNY!
Deleted User 2651