stenosis

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

stenosis

Postby saintkilledher » 12 Jun 2013, 07:55

I need some pointers..i have stenosis a narrowed rectum from the fissure thats left scarring..im a gay bottom and you guessed it can not have anal sex
should i dialate with butt plugs?
or will that cause more harm to the scaring?
ive been using coconut oil and aloe vera straight from the plant
am i wasting my time?
saintkilledher
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 16

Re: stenosis

Postby Savaici » 12 Jun 2013, 11:24

Hi,
I had been dilating this last year or so, but stopped recently  I found it was so irritating to my colon and my IBS that it was not doing the job I hoped. It is not to say that it would not work for others, but, for now, that is my situation. The inflammation inside was just too much for me.
I don't eat that much, though I do eat well, so I have increased the fibre in my diet a little, but may need something more to make the BMs softer. That is my problem, that everything is unpredictable each day. I also have an autoimmune disease which adds to the mix.
You might want to look at the very long anal dilation link on here, to see how it has worked for others.
http://anal-fissure.org/t4261-self-dilation?highlight=self+dilation
I even found coconut oil irritated me...and aloe vera was a no-no too. We are all so different, so there it is.
Savaici
Administrator

Topics: 222

Postby jr2 » 12 Jun 2013, 12:24

It really is hard to say what will help for any one person (or not help). It will depend on a lot of things and everyone is different. As Savaici mentioned above, self dilating didn't turn out for the best for her. It works really well for me and some others I know of, in addition to massage of the muscles in the entire pelvic floor. Everyone responds differently to different topicals as well. I love pure aloe vera but coconut oil stings too much to be able to use. 
It just takes experimenting with different things to see what works best for you. If you do decide to try dilation just start off really slowly and gradually. Scar tissue is far more rigid than muscle and it will take a lot more patience and going very slowly with it. 
Some people have so much scarring that dilation is just not an option any more (as was the case with Suzy who recently underwent double advancement flap surgery), but she is now dilating after having had surgery.
jr2

Topics: 15

Postby saintkilledher » 12 Jun 2013, 19:23

thanks for those pointers..my fissure has healed apparantly so its not tender so i can use coconut oil and aloe vera with no pain.
dont think the scar tissue is that bad..just bad enough that sometimes it can take to long to have a BM and its to tight to have anal sex.
am still having problems with a little leakage now and then...had botox 2 times last year...was the unlucky 5 percent that developed incontinence...mine was shocking i had so many major accidents while out...that experience took alot out of me.
I really think im alone in this problem as ive seen 4 surgeons and they have all said the stenosis is only mild and in their opinion i dont need surgery....is so frustrating...the thought of having to deal with long BM's and no anal sex the rest of my life is so depressing..but i cant afford to go to a private  surgeon.
saintkilledher
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby pinpin » 13 Jun 2013, 01:05

Hi,
It is very unlikely to get stenosis from fissure. Actually it is almost impossible. Only in case you had too many of them in different location around anus.
Are you certain about stenosis?
I would bet rather on the spinchter spasm, which remained after fissure is healed. It is like memory.
So with time it should loose again.
Regarding long BM's, it is true. This is annoying. Regarding sex I cannot comment as not a gay, but I would live without sex instead of pain I have.
07.02.2013 - got open hemorrhoidectomy, leaded to slow healing wound. Link to story
11.12.2013 - LIS surgery
pinpin
Administrator

Topics: 42
Mood: Good

Postby Savaici » 13 Jun 2013, 06:26

saintkilledher wrote:
dont think the scar tissue is that bad..just bad enough that sometimes it can take to long to have a BM and its to tight to have anal sex.
am still having problems with a little leakage now and then...had botox 2 times last year...was the unlucky 5 percent that developed incontinence...mine was shocking i had so many major accidents while out...that experience took alot out of me.
I really think im alone in this problem as ive seen 4 surgeons and they have all said the stenosis is only mild and in their opinion i dont need surgery....is so frustrating...the thought of having to deal with long BM's and no anal sex the rest of my life is so depressing..but i cant afford to go to a private  surgeon.

I know what you mean about the taking too long to have a BM, as that is my problem too (sometimes three quarters of an hour to get 'done' in between Sitz baths') . The thing for me is that I was seeing no improvement in the dilating, as the inflammation in the anal canal/rectum was just as bad. So, I am sticking to the amount of fibre that I can manage, and have increased a little bit of fruit for stool softener. I have other problems as I have diverticulosis as well, and pass blood on a regular basis, but not enough to have anemia.
Also, was told by the Fellow that I saw last year, that she could get a finger in so did not have stenosis. I do actually think a big part of the/my problem is the inflammation and maybe a mess up in the flora and fauna of the stool (hell, the conversations we have on here :roll:), so I very slowly going to start probiotics. I know that you have said tis better to get your everything naturally, but when something is quite obviously wrong, one has to try other things. I read a very good blog by guy with IBS, and am going to try what he is trying, which is Custom Probiotics 11-Strain. Starting off with infant steps...
When you say you spend too long having a BM, do you have pain, inside, with that, and do you sense you are inflamed, or does it all exit a good size etc?
Savaici
Administrator

Topics: 222

Postby saintkilledher » 13 Jun 2013, 07:32

Well im getting different opinions from different surgeons and doctors some say they can feel scarring some say they can not feel anything...im going through the public system so im in non emergency catorgory for surgery...here in australia the list is huge for people awaiting colerectal surgery...alot of times I have to squat to have a BM and sometimes I have to douche it out if in a rush or just cant get it out....douche is much better than having to dig it out with youre fingers...I also suffered proctitis 3 years ago after i took a few doses of antibiotics then I took predsol supositories that were meant to thin out the scar tissue and the predsol steroids gave me candida/yeast infections rite through out my whole body...acne on face,shocking anxiety and itching anus and toe nail fungus..after the antibiotics I developed my anal fissue then became gluten sensative
do you think that antibiotics can cause fissures and food alergies?
about the memory of a tight anal sphincter gee I hope you are rite..that would be better than scarring causing it...guess ill keep up with the coconut oil and butt plugs...currently I can fit 2 fingers inside me but need to increase it to 3....tho my fingers are very thin like a petite asian girls fingers..im not to sure if ive had fissures in different locations...ive had hemmies and proctitis so thats messed my poor butt up a bit.
saintkilledher
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby saintkilledher » 13 Jun 2013, 07:44

my BM's are  a little shy of 2 fingers thick..about 30%-40% thiner than what they used to be pre fissure id say...yeah def think i should get into the probiotics as well....steroid meds really kill good gut bacteria...my skin on my face is really depressing me...like i dont have enough to deal with....rant rant lol...I wonder if probitics can reduce the inflamation in the rectum  and or gut...i have spent so much money over the last 3 years and 5 months..just thinking about how much makes me want to cry...
saintkilledher
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby saintkilledher » 13 Jun 2013, 09:12

i just dialted and used a butt plug and my ass bled a little...guess this means ive re teared my fissure....great
should i continue with dialation for my overly tight rectum or give it a rest?
saintkilledher
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby suzyljank » 13 Jun 2013, 09:34

Hi, you can get stenosis from an anal fissure. My CRS explained to me when you tear and heal and retear and heal each time you are creating more scar tissue. That's why it's so important to see a doctor right away. If you have more than one fissure at a time you need to evaluate why? Tight sphincter muscle, stenosis. There usually is a reason. I waited way too long. My first fissue healed on it's own, it was at 12 o'clock, my second was at 6 o'clock position and it took me months before I even saw a doctor and 9 months before I had LIS. When LIS didn't work it took me almost 5 years before I went back and that was a bad decision on my part. I had stenosis from a previous hemmie surgery and didn't know it. That's why I got the fissures and their constant tearing and healing added to that scar tissue. I finally had a double advancement flap. While my butt will never be normal my CRS made it possible for the area to stretch again so I can have a larger bm and I'm eternally grateful for that. If you think you have stenosis get a diagnosis and stay on top of it. Dilation helps a lot in the early stages. Since my surgery I have to dilate everyday. I am finally able to get the 19mm dilator in comfortably and it was a struggle but if I have to do this on a daily basis forever it's a small price to pay to be able to sit down and have a bm without pain. Suzy
suzyljank

Topics: 23
Mood: very optimistic