Massive improvement

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Massive improvement

Postby daveh » 16 Jul 2013, 03:14

Since I 1st had a problem in March, and through April/May when the pain after a bowel movement was sharp I have been gradually day by day feeling less and less pain. This last week for the 1st time in months I have been going to the toilet and NOT getting straight into a hot bath immediately. It may sound strange but it feels like I've been released from a trap knowing that I can go the loo whenever I want without having to follow this ritual. Advice from this site has been incredible for me. I was undergoing chemotherapy at the time of the original problem and this may of been a factor in the lack of healing for a while but drinking plenty of water and upping the fibre intake was the advice that I followed (important to up the water intake with the fibre) and this allowed me to pass BM's more easily than previously and probably allowed the fissure to heal by itself. Thanks guys, without this site I may well of ended up with some sort of surgery so keep up the good work everybody. I do still have a very slight pain when going but nothing compared to the previous months so I suppose this will stop me getting complacent and keeping up with the slight diet changes I've made. remember guys, healing/improvement is possible without surgery. Maybe not for everybody but it seems to have happened for me, thankfully. This site deserves an award!!!
daveh
Fibre Addict

Topics: 5

Re: Massive improvement

Postby blackecho » 16 Jul 2013, 04:03

Hey Dave...great stuff.........very happy for you. Going through the same myself. Visited the Doc today he checked it all out said pretty much healed.... told him my BM are much easier still a slight sting and no pain afterwards but nothing to worry about....and was told can stop using the Rectogesic............thank god cause I wasn't enjoying some of the side effects I was having....mainly light headedness...My diet has improved immensely largely due to the info gained from here which has been invaluable............yeah I agree it deserves an award...keep up the fibre and water lol
blackecho
Fibre Addict

Topics: 3

Postby Now66 » 16 Jul 2013, 09:21

I think "patience" is the key to natural healing though it's difficult to be patient while it feels like pooping broken bricks. My first notable improvement came after 3 months of nitro/Miralax. After 6 months, I just don't think about it much anymore at BM time although I continue the fiber/Miralax/water without fail.
Now66
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 15

Postby WelshDoubleFissure » 16 Jul 2013, 10:26

So good to hear about another healed butt!
I'm currently 9 days consecutively pain free (4weeks post op) and 4 years post first pain.
It's so enlightening all this healing malarky. I've got a long way to go, but good to hear Now66 that it was only 3 months til you healed and 6 until you were back to full health.
It is a life changing condition and eating will never be the same but I think it'll make us mindful healthier individuals.
Keep up the healing daveh - excellent news.
And black echo I hated rectogesic - extreme pounding headache for a minute after - hearing my heartbeat through my head for god sake. Then an itchy rash. Not fun. But if it worked for you it's all worth it. I found Diltiazem to be the best for my butt. It's currently working alongside the Botox. And praise Movicol!
Happy healing!
Drink plenty and poop gently!
Welsh x
WelshDoubleFissure
VIP

Topics: 4

Postby blackecho » 16 Jul 2013, 14:22

Hey Welsh .............yeah the Rectogesic gave me some bad headaches but the light headedness was worse....and was sometimes for hours...but  at least it seems worth it .....as I said gone from broken glass BM...to a slight sting...also noticed it sorta numbed the butt a bit too much .......lol   Just as long as I keep up with the water and healthy diet ....should be all good soon.  Ya dead right Now66 takes a lot of patience..........and the anxiety about it is easing too............must say though am only reading the more positive posts now ... I thank god I seem to have been a lucky one in only having this for about 6 weeks ...I WILL NOT RETEAR ....lol .......
blackecho
Fibre Addict

Postby daveh » 16 Jul 2013, 15:22

To be honest guys, I don't even know what Miralax or Rectogesic is. I have seen people posting about them on this site but I found that sitting in a hot bath after BM was easing the pain and would advise anybody to do that. I believe personally that upping my water intake has been the biggest thing that's helped me improve and heal without any medical assistance, although I'm no Doc so I'm far from certain about this. Lots of fibre and lots and lots and lots and lots of water.
daveh
Fibre Addict

Postby WelshDoubleFissure » 16 Jul 2013, 15:46

I was lost to all the terms on here at first. Especially with the UK/US differences.
There's a section in general discussions called "glossary" that explains all that bumf.
Rectogesic is a thick cream that promotes bloodflow by opening up the receptors and allowing blood to flow to the area to aid healing. But my god the head aches and other side effects are horrid.
Miralax (or Movicol in UK) is a stool softener that when added to water, it flows through your digestive system (and doesn't get sucked into your kidneys) so that more water gets through with your food. It allows for a much softer BM. Stools are often measured with the Bristol scale (google it) and my current favourite is BS6. No pain.
Well done on the self healing. Some can heal with diet and intake of water alone if caught early. Me on the other hand - 3 years was way too long for that. I only needed sitz for 2 weeks. I'm sitz free now! Still healing though.
Welsh x
WelshDoubleFissure
VIP

Topics: 4

Postby blackecho » 16 Jul 2013, 16:41

yep agreed daveh.......................water and diet is the key.... I have increased my water intake from ummm very little to 5 litres a day ....and much healthier eating...noticing the benefits in other ways too...... I am now thinking ...maybe this fissure was a bit of a dare I say it.......good thing to get me to a much healthier lifestyle in the future............... :)
blackecho
Fibre Addict

Postby Please go-away! » 16 Jul 2013, 20:41

Isn't it the greatest site here,wow..just so helpful, I'm so glad every one is healing and getting better every day, like me.
I actually look forward to the loo, now no pain and a lot of gain..Image 
My doctor still wants me to use my , nitro/xylicain compound for another month(last script) at night, since I don"t get headaches or dizzy.
Ya ,some times I think this fissure was a wake up call to get back to eating properly again, for life now.
Hay guy's/gal's do you notice your skin is softer and your lips are less dryer, well they should be we drink so much water..lol.
Take care all and Happy healing .
Fissure fighter
Please go-away!
King Fissure

Topics: 15

Postby puzzledbutt » 17 Jul 2013, 02:46

hi b.e and p.g.a! so so happy both if u r feeling alot better. i agree i feel so much heathier and everyone tells me how well i look ive lost alot of weight. this change of lifestyle for us has probably put years onto our lives. it has defo been a wake up call!! all my love and healing to u xxxxxxxxxxxxxxc
puzzledbutt
Proctosphincteranalogist