botox 10 days ago and I feel like my rectum is falling out!!

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

botox 10 days ago and I feel like my rectum is falling out!!

Postby fissurevshems » 17 Aug 2013, 11:03

I had botox for an anal fissure 11 days ago and now it feels like my rectum is falling out. It is tremendous pressure that will not subside. If I sit it supports my butt and all symptoms go away. I tried running and every step I take my rectum just feels more like it is falling out!!! Its awful. IS THIS NORMAL?!?!?!?! This is worse than when I had the fissure.
fissurevshems
Fibre Addict

Topics: 5

Re: botox 10 days ago and I feel like my rectum is falling out!!

Postby fissurevshems » 17 Aug 2013, 13:41

Somebody help!! Is this normal?
fissurevshems
Fibre Addict

Postby Ever the Optimist » 17 Aug 2013, 14:11

Hi there,
Don't worry - I'm sure another Botox poster will pop in very soon!
There's a lot of prodding that goes on down there during any procedure and with the Botox on top, it's absolutely normal to feel swollen/ maybe a little bruised and at the worst, a hem or two might appear after the procedure and I found for a few weeks after.
From what I've heard from other Botox patients, the procedure can cause swelling and pressure in the anus and I've pretty sure it's absolutely normal.
I really would say don't worry too much and I'm certain one of the others will pop by soon. In the meantime, just search for their posts. Racheal, JHH, OMB & Welshdoublefissure have all had the procedure in the last few weeks & others too......
Chronic Fissure diagnosed December 2011
Healed by Diltiazem around Feb 2013
Anal Fistula followed burst abscess in June 2012
2 internal troublesome piles remain & suspected, but undiagnosed, ongoing Levator Ani type symptoms & flare-ups
Ever the Optimist

Topics: 24
Mood: Living life again

Postby fissurevshems » 17 Aug 2013, 17:32

Thanks for the reply. I am just worried that it is something else. I know i have swollen columns, but the crs says no hems just swollen columns. I have had this for two years and can barely stand for any long period of time now. I am pretty much at my wits end.
fissurevshems
Fibre Addict

Postby Please go-away! » 17 Aug 2013, 20:20

Please stay tuned like she said some one will pop in , but foremost I use to get that sensation, and I never had the botox, it felt like my butt hole was falling out, with time it went away.  you will discover with a fissure and all that goes with it, takes a lot of time and healing, allot of patient's and pain. we are all here for ya.
Use a heating pad, when you can, and don't stand I couldn't at first, soft BM"S and don't strain or push .
Fissure fighter
Please go-away!
King Fissure

Topics: 15

Postby marg6043 » 17 Aug 2013, 20:44

fissurevshems, hi there, I never had botox for my fissure but I want to let you know that I had the pressure in the rectum, like I wanted to go all the time, It was not as bad as others but it lasted several weeks, when my fissure was fresh, obviously your are having a bad experience.
Did the doctor told you why you are experiencing the inflammation?.
You said you having this for two years, you mean the fissure or the pressure.
If this symptoms are after the botox, you should ask the doctor why could it be happening, perhaps the way the doctor did the injections and the area that he targeted had to do with the problem. Perhaps the inflammation is just temporarily and will subside soon.
I hope you get the answers you seek, Image 
marg6043
King Fissure

Topics: 8

Postby fissurevshems » 17 Aug 2013, 21:12

I don't exactly remember the character of the pain 2 years ago. Prior to the surgery it was like having a pencil shoved up the butt permanently. Now, after the procedure (botox and skin tag removal), it is like a feeling that my rectum is falling out and there is a weight attached to it tugging on it. The longer I walk and stand the worse it feels.
My concern is that maybe this is vascular pressure from the swollen hem columns. Maybe not. Maybe this will never go away and I am screwed for life. I am a 33 year old male with a 7 month old and sometimes it is too uncomfortable to play with him so my wife has to take over. Granted this is not a terminal illness and I am healthy and young so I am lucky, but I wish this...whatever it is...would just heal so I can move on with my life!
fissurevshems
Fibre Addict

Postby marg6043 » 17 Aug 2013, 21:46

fissurevshems, thanks for answering back, the pressure you talk about sounds like pelvic floor pressure, I remember that after having my daughter and son I had that kind of pressure, but not attached to the rectum, I guess because our anatomies are different a man will feel the pressure different than a women.
I got the feeling and I hope I am right that this problem will subside eventually.
For now take it easy and research on pelvic floor exercises to strengthen the area, this is not just for women it works for men too.
Also talk with your doctor and let him know how uncomfortable you feel.
And if he doesn't help get a second opinion.
But I am sure that what you are feeling will get better with time, so you can be able to run and play with your son when the time comes.
I wish you the best.
marg6043
King Fissure

Topics: 8

Postby jdhouseholder » 17 Aug 2013, 22:04

Hey! So sorry you are having trouble after Botox. I had Botox in May and I will tell you it took a good 2-3 weeks for all the swelling to subside. I had the same pain that you are describing plus injection site pain. Hang in there, it does get better and then hopefully it will last to heal your fissure!
jdhouseholder
Salt Bather

Postby J-32 » 18 Aug 2013, 02:27

@fissurevshems
Hi! I had Botox on 9th of August. I have 2nd grade haemorrhoids. Actually I could feel sth. very similar to what you are describing, today during my BM!
My rectum was sticking out of me more than it usually happens. I am a little swollen there right now.  
I explain it to myself that making sphincter more loose with Botox causes increased (normal) blood flow to those regions of our body.
No, I think it is not forever. Botox wears out.
However please consult it with your CRS, since I am not a doctor.
Take care and take it easy!
We will be OK. Someday.
J-32
Salt Bather

Topics: 3