.......Water intake.....When???

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

.......Water intake.....When???

Postby Guest » 20 Aug 2013, 10:43

Hey guys
Been seeing some more positive empirical results from my water regime that I thought I might share.
"Drink eight cups a day".....how many times have we heard this. But do they tell you the best times to drink these cups?
Now we all know that water plays a big role in fighting our fissure right. But the balancing act on how much and when can be very tricky, can it not?
First off, for the longest I use to think that drinking water with meals is a big no no. But through more study and research and personal experience I find that it really depends on the individual. And I generally agree with what these sites say on the subject...
http://www.naturalnews.com/033731_digestion_drinking_water.html
http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/digestion/AN01776
While I don't generally drink water with meals I find that waiting for about 1 hour after to drink really helps give me soft "bristols" (bm's) that are rearing to go!
The more water the less straining, the less water the more straining....I've seen this time and time again in my experiences.
COLD or HOT water: Leave the cold water alone if you want to aid digestion. I find that warm water is best and that is what I'm hearing as I research the Web. They say your body has to first warm the water or something like that before it can be a benefit, so stick with warm water.
How Much: If I'm really worried about becoming constipated and I'm trying my darnedest to avoid a re-tear after a particularly large or unfriendly fissure meal, I'll go all out and take in 8 cups of warm water about an hour after that meal. That eight cups will be consumed in about a two hour span or less for best results I found.
Its kinda like the affect of taking in olive oil with meals as the water really does have the same "waterslide" affect on our bm's coming down the shoot.
So try it guys. Battling nasty bouts of IBS or constipation, think what you ate may turn into.....

Than try more water, specifically a little closer to meal times.
Share your tips and tricks and what works for you with the water intake.
HTH

Re: .......Water intake.....When???

Postby Scientist2516 » 20 Aug 2013, 20:19

I have two large glasses of water (probably around 3 cups total) first thing every morning. If I haven't had my BM yet, this usually triggers it. I also take my first fibre supplement of the day with the first glass, plus ibuprofen if necessary.
Then I drink 2-3 large glasses of water during the day at work. More if I've succumbed to temptation and had coffee. Another big glass when I get home, another at dinner and one or two more last thing at night.
Getting out of bed to pee at 3 am is just a fact of life these days.
I think it's good to space the water out over the course of the day, so that you never get even close to being dehydrated.
Nifedipine/lidocaine, no help
Diltiazem, effective, but caused major rash
Nitroglycerine, effective.
Topical estrogen for final healing.
Gentle heat to bottom - pain relief, muscle relaxant
Kondremul mineral oil
Time - lots of time.
Status - Healed!
Scientist2516

Topics: 16

Re: .......Water intake.....When???

Postby Guest » 22 Aug 2013, 08:52

Yeah Scientist2516
Its pretty cool how just drinking water can give us an urge to poop. I hear you on getting up late at night just to pee, but its better than being constipated.
We just have to keep reminding ourselves to take in water even though we may not be thirsty huh.