Anyone ever had an anal fissure not in 6 or 12 o'cloposition

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Anyone ever had an anal fissure not in 6 or 12 o'cloposition

Postby Lalap » 30 Nov 2013, 00:45

I'm new here but have dealt with fissures on and off for around 10 years I would say. For the past 3 weeks I've been dealing with one that looks like it's going to be chronic, but it's in a position that is at about 9 o'clock in my opinion - definitely not right at the top or bottom. I know from reading that this isn't common, but I'm wondering if anyone else has ever had one off midline and if so if it was harder to heal for some reason? Going to be making an appointment with a CRS as soon as the holidays are over. Am very thankful to have found this group!
Lalap

Topics: 1

Re: Anyone ever had an anal fissure not in 6 or 12 o'cloposi

Postby rio » 30 Nov 2013, 04:08

Hi Lalap!
In first months of my fissure pain, before it was diagnosed I would swear that the pain originates from the right side somewhere between 2 and 4 o'clock. I also made a mistake and explain to the doctor that I think I have some gynecological issue. It really did not feel like butt pain only. The CRS examinations (three times) confirmed a fissure in posterior position, just slightly to the right side. It still hurts like in the beginning, much more to the right side.
So before you worry to much, my advice would be, let the doctor diagnose it.
I wish your fissure will not become chronic and that you will soon be over this. :%_+:
Disabling burning, drilling pain in anal area for almost a year, started after UT infection. Small anal fissure diagnosed, turned out it is probably not the cause of pain, MRI shows no inflammation or fistula. Grateful to forum members for support.
rio
VIP

Topics: 12

Postby east_1234 » 30 Nov 2013, 06:40

I feel that I have two non-midline fissures, one on either side. The one on my right (7-8 o'clock?) is a lot worse than the other one. When I apply ointment into the region, I am never able to feel either with the pad of my finger because I can't twist my finger (both are inside). So I never know exactly where they are.
east_1234
Fibre Addict

Topics: 4

Postby pinpin » 30 Nov 2013, 06:43

I got unhealed wound(fissure) approximately from 9 o'clock till 11 o'clock.
07.02.2013 - got open hemorrhoidectomy, leaded to slow healing wound. Link to story
11.12.2013 - LIS surgery
pinpin
Administrator

Topics: 42
Mood: Good