Need help -- Question about hemorrhoid pain and banding, etc

Do you have Hemorrhoids and are contemplating or have had a Hemorrhoidectomy? If you are thinking of surgery, or want to ask questions on anything to do with Hemorrhoids, or want to share with others who have been through this, this is the place!

Return to Hemorrhoids and Hemorrhoidectomy

Re: Need help -- Question about hemorrhoid pain and banding,

Postby kilmer406 » 08 Jun 2014, 11:26

have anyone find a solution to these symptoms guys?
kilmer406
Fibre Addict

Topics: 1

Postby back(side)again » 26 Oct 2014, 18:10

Bumping.
Pain began in Feb 2013
Diagnosed with AF in June 2013
Conservative treatment with nifidepine lidocaine June 2013-Oct. 2013
Botox & tag removal in Oct. 2013
Botox in Dec. 2013 (provided pain relief)
LIS in March 2014
Fissure healed in June 2014
back(side)again
Fibre Addict

Topics: 3

Postby Savaici » 03 Nov 2014, 21:25

A link to a post on the forum re hemorrhoid banding:

does-banding-a-hemorrhoid-hurt-t7448.html#p97662
Savaici
Administrator

Topics: 222

Postby Deleted User 4175 » 11 May 2015, 11:41

I have just been diagnosed with a thrombosed haemorrhoid. I see a colorectal surgeon in two weeks. I can't use any internal suppositories as I have scar tissue contradictions from previous fissure surgery. I have pain internally on right side of rectum which seems to travel up quite far. Doctor says she can feel something but as she cannot see she does not know what it is. Can an external hem give pain like a fissure? Scared I have another one of those too. Also is there any hope of this thrombosed one just going without intervention?
Deleted User 4175

Postby Deleted User 4175 » 11 May 2015, 12:26

Question? I read the posts on this wonderful forum and what occurs to me each time is that we, that is the sufferer, appear to know more about our condition that the experts. Perhaps if they read forums like this one they would understand what their inconclusions, text book answers and comments have on us when we return home from their appointments which we have waited months for with no answers. Perhaps they would understand why we trawl the internet to find solutions and treatments because this area of medicine seems to be the most ambiguous and one of the most painful to live with. I am in the UK and all of my treatment has been private! I wish you all well and stay strong.
Deleted User 4175

Postby chachacha » 11 May 2015, 14:23

I have had thrombosed hemorrrhoids 3 times, and they could not be treated. I was told that unless they treated them within the first two or three days, and removed the clot at that time, they had to stay their course until resolved, which was usually in 10 -12 days. And while I've read about some thrombosed hemmies causing pain, my thrombosed hemorrhoids were UNIMAGINABLY painful. I wanted to die when I hit the day 6 or 7 mark and then that extreme pain lasted for a few days until they resolved. I went to the hospital twice (because I just could not stand the level of pain I was in, and opted for the massively long wait in emerg instead), and even several doses of Demerol had no effect (the first time) and then multiple doses of Morphine (the second time) had no effect whatsoever. So, for me, the thrombosed hemmie was worse than the fissure pain, which was pretty hard to take too. Good luck with your appointment in two weeks and I hope that by then, things are much improved and you won't be told that you have another fissure.
Last edited by chachacha on 11 May 2015, 14:37, edited 1 time in total.
Fissure since about 2007
Fissure diagnosed in 2011
Diltiazem for two years - didn't work well
LIS January, 2015
Hemorrhoidectomy December, 2017
chachacha

Topics: 19

Postby Deleted User 4175 » 11 May 2015, 14:34

Thank you chachacha, your experience sounded just horrible. To get to the point of morphine says it all. I felt a bit let down today as drs said there would be nothing they could do and advised A & E although to avoid if possible as you need to be able to see your surgeon first really. Just keeping my fingers crossed that things improve as you say. Coconut oil is all I have that wont irritate scar tissue or create more issues. I hope you are well now and stay that way too. copycats
Deleted User 4175

Postby chachacha » 11 May 2015, 14:40

And you can't imagine how devastating it was to find that morphine (which I'd never had before) didn't work. And they kept assuring me that another dose would do it, until after they'd put the last (#5) syringe-ful into my IV, and it turned out that it couldn't even take the edge off.

I hope that the coconut oil helps. Before I finally gave in and went to the hospital, I spent 2 - 3 full days in a boiling hot tub first, because that was the only way to relieve the pain even a bit - that might help you too (but then again, I worried that I might be damaging the anal tissues, but because it brought me pain-relief, I did it anyway).

Yes, I'm very well now, and am almost 4 months post-LIS. I feel like a new person and am finally enjoying life again.

I hope that all of your backside issues clear up soon too.
Fissure since about 2007
Fissure diagnosed in 2011
Diltiazem for two years - didn't work well
LIS January, 2015
Hemorrhoidectomy December, 2017
chachacha

Topics: 19

Postby Deleted User 4175 » 05 Jul 2015, 06:45

Hi, anyone who has had a hemerrhoid removed? I had a thrombosed vein stripped out 12 days ago. It is painful. I have an internal and external open wound. Anyone know how long I can expect to feel the pain. I am sitz bathing a few times a day and trying to get on with normal life. Any other advise? thank you
Deleted User 4175

Postby msimon » 05 Jul 2015, 12:06

I am unsure what the difference is from that and having a hemorrhoidectomy...

Do you have a fissure ointment you could use? Some of your pain may be due to muscle spasm...
Dec '13 Fissure from anoscope
3 X internal sphincter botox
'08-'15 Botox for pelvic floor dysfunction
Nov '14 LIS/sentinel tag removal
Feb '15 Deroofing of recurrent infection from LIS
summer '15-healed but still ongoing muscle dysfunction/pain
msimon

Topics: 64