Relapse. Scheduled LIS

never going to heal

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

Re: Relapse. Scheduled LIS

Postby Savaici » 27 Dec 2013, 11:04

Very good luck, backagain. You are in my thoughts and hope all goes very well.
Savaici
Administrator

Topics: 222

Postby Loves Tennis » 27 Dec 2013, 15:37

@backagain..........fingers and toes crossed ! Good luck let us know how you get on !
Loves Tennis
Salt Bather

Topics: 1

Postby backagain » 27 Dec 2013, 16:17

Thanks for the responses! I am home from botox and skin tag removal. My surgeon also put a stitch in the fissure to try to encourage healing. Feel great now. Out of surgery for about 4 hours and don't have any pain yet but have the prescription ready! Took a look and things don't LOOK too bad down there. Will keep you updated!
backagain
Fibre Addict

Topics: 4

Postby backagain » 28 Dec 2013, 05:21

Well my post-op instructions said to take two dulcolax tablets at night for two nights or until I had my first bm. I woke up at 4 am with cramping and the intense need to get to the bathroom, where I had very loose watery stools. I'm luckily still numb from the surgery so no real pain, just a little stinging. I am, however, getting very lightheaded and weak feeling getting in and out of the hot tub. I had a hard time with anesthesia this time around. My blood pressure dropped very low and I almost vomited on my way home from surgery. I think I'm still feeling some effects of that. These are the times that I wish I didn't live alone. I'm also very worried about infection with the fissure being stitched this time. I'm using wet wipes, taking baths right after BM, and using antibiotic cream on the site, so hopefully I'll be ok. No more dulcolax tabs for me though. I wish I could have slept through the night.
backagain
Fibre Addict

Topics: 4

Postby jr2 » 28 Dec 2013, 12:28

Hi backagain

Recovering from surgery is hard enough. I'm so sorry you are alone while you recover, when what you really need is some old fashioned pampering.

Anesthesia can be really tough and the effects can last awhile, so do be careful about the tub, and take care with getting up from a seated or lying down position until your blood pressure has fully had a chance to recover after the anesthesia. Also, make sure the water in your bath isn't too hot to minimize the chance of lightheadedness.

If you find you need help with softer, regular bowel movements, Miralax is a far gentler approach than Dulcolax.

I hope you are able to find sleep soon. It makes such a huge difference in how you feel, and it's also such a good time for healing.

Wishing you all the best of luck in your recovery, and we're all keeping our fingers crossed that this will do the trick to put and end to your fissure for good.
jr2

Topics: 15

Postby Alyssa » 24 May 2014, 15:27

backagain wrote:Well today is the day. But I backed out of getting LIS and have switched my procedure to another round of botox and fissurectomy. I guess just giving it one last shot before LIS. If it weren't for wanting to have children in a few years, I would just go ahead and get LIS. Keep your fingers crossed this will work!

Thanks to all for your kind words.

Just wanted to know how your procedure went and how you're feeling today...
2/14 Fissure developed
3/14 Diagnosed w/ fissure given Nifedipine
4/14 Referred to Pelvic Floor Physical Therapy=Pelvic Floor Dysfunction
5/14 Fissure declared "healed"/chronic anal pain persists
9/5/14 Botox to pelvic floor
9/22 biofeedback
Alyssa
VIP

Topics: 26