Thoughts and fears about LIS

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

Re: Thoughts and fears about LIS

Postby skumar » 19 Jan 2014, 06:31

I completely understand your agony and what you going through. Not sure if fissure and IBS both are giving you the problem. I hope you get early appointment. You can call them and check if anybody has cancelled their appointment so that you can get it.
skumar
Salt Bather

Topics: 2

Postby Northernboy » 19 Jan 2014, 16:26

Hey, hope everything is going a little better for you. Check with the Cleveland Clinic and see if they have any cancellations and you may get in early. I took somebodies cancellation for my surgery and it saved me two weeks of agony while waiting for my original date.
On another note, remember to keep looking into the future and thinking about when you'll feel better. It will happen. I just had my first steak in 6 months and my bowel movement was fine. Everything is feeling stronger with every passing day, this will be you soon, just think of that.
I know I'm not out of the woods yet, but I've come to the point, that I know my body and how to manage it. Experiment with some foods to see what digests better and what is harmful to you. Remember to hydrate and start a food diary so you can see your improvement. Keep your chin up, this will get better soon, trust me.
Northernboy
Fibre Addict

Topics: 1

Postby sotiredofthis » 19 Jan 2014, 17:55

Thanks Skumar and Northernboy. I'm just hoping my IBS doesn't cause me to heal slower or anything. It's hard to control completely. Sometimes it just happens for no apparent reason!
sotiredofthis
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 33

Postby Rachael 1984 » 20 Jan 2014, 13:46

So Tired,
I am so sorry! We are in the same boat hey! Well i can't believe it! Damn CRS, he is worthless! Keep fighting, I know it's so hard, and each setback is so disheartening. I believe you will find the CRS who will end this hell for you... I am thinking of you and sending big hugs xxxxx
Hem Banding sept 2012
2Fissures
Nitro- Effective short term
April 2013-Botox-Effective short term
Diltazem-No effect, developed Rash
July 2014-Diagnosed High Resting Pressure
LIS performed on 17.9.14
Ongoing pain/re-tears. Awaiting pressure test results.
Rachael 1984

Topics: 26
Mood: Please heal!