Holy Cow! I can't believe I pooped in my pants

Pooping in your pants day 7 after LIS surgery

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

Holy Cow! I can't believe I pooped in my pants

Postby Hatetopoop » 17 Jan 2014, 19:38

Hi,
I am so happy we are anonymous but I just had to share a funny story. I am Day 7 post LIS surgery and I really think I need to cut back on my fiber. I was currently taking two fiber pills (psyllium husk) and two stool softeners (collace) 2x per day. Plus I eat lots of fruits and veggies.

Well, now that I am not taking any painkillers, I don't need to worry about being constipated. I think I will resume tonight with ONE fiber pill and ONE stool softener.

That or it was the prune juice this morning...Well, I waited 5 minutes too late and I did not make it.

That is all I"m going to say..but I truly believe my LIS surgery was successful and I just need to cut back on my fiber intake and stool softeners.

I know someone that cut the fiber supplements and stool softeners completely after surgery.

I'm afraid to do that but I will slowly decrease it for sure. just wanted to share because next time I will go when I need to go.

Thank God I was at home.
Hatetopoop
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 14

Re: Holy Cow! I can't believe I pooped in my pants

Postby Scientist2516 » 18 Jan 2014, 00:44

Well, congratulations! If your LIS is successful, that's fantastic news! Yay for you.

Yes, thank god you were at home! But pooping in your pants probably beats straining on the toilet, at least at this time of your life. I think a great many of us have been there - we can relate!

I've pooped in the shower a couple of times. Yikes! At least clean-up was easy. And yes, I avoid prune juice!
Nifedipine/lidocaine, no help
Diltiazem, effective, but caused major rash
Nitroglycerine, effective.
Topical estrogen for final healing.
Gentle heat to bottom - pain relief, muscle relaxant
Kondremul mineral oil
Time - lots of time.
Status - Healed!
Scientist2516

Topics: 16

Postby Bettyblue » 18 Jan 2014, 03:02

Oh the prune juice.... I can only take it if I am within two steps from the toilet. :p
Good for you hatetopoop, This are fantastic news! Hope everything continue to go well and you feel better and better every day until you finally could kill the moster. Go girl! :Rock:
Maybe will be good to cut the fiber as you have said. Trying to reduce the number of yours BMs so you will not feel that sore. I find out that before LIS , when I managed to have a BM once a day things got much better and I could finally heal. Now post LIS I am doing the same and it really helps.

P.S yes, if you want to quit the stool softeners do it little by little. My CRS wants me to get rid completely of the Miralax one month post LIS. So I will start once every other day for one week, then once every two days for another week.... And so on, until I get to the point of taking it once a week. I will Continue like that for two weeks and finally I will stop it completely. Now about the fiber, I don't take any fiber supplements because I eat a healthy diet and have managed to have enough fiber that way. So I am going to stick to my healthy diet no matter what. Of curse I don't need to be that strict any more I think? Well I will see..
Bettyblue
VIP

Topics: 7

Postby Hatetopoop » 18 Jan 2014, 03:42

Thanks Scientist and Betty...now I have diarrhea which may be why....I don't know if it's because I've introduced more foods in the past two days, or if it was the overload of fiber and stool softeners. Or maybe something just did not agree with me.

Problem is now I need to stop this as I am getting very sore and irritated. :-(

I am down to one fiber pill per day, no stool softeners. I also eat very healthy--lots of fruits and veggies so maybe I do not need the fiber supplement anymore? We'll see...I only started the fiber supplement since last year when my fissure was active.
Hatetopoop
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 14