So fed up with stomach ache!!

Do you suffer from Crohn's/Colitis or IBS. If you are looking for info on how to deal with an anal fissure with these ailments, or just wanting to share your experiences, then this is the place.

Return to Crohn's/Colitis & IBS

So fed up with stomach ache!!

Postby Savaici » 21 Jan 2014, 13:20

Just venting!! Today is just a dull pain, but pain nonetheless that goes on for hours, and noises from my colon.

I pamper my stomach, in general, but then out of the blue, for no apparent reason, pain with a vengeance! Only IBS, but it is getting ridiculous. Occasionally the pain is intense enough for nausea and my blood pressure drops with this type as get so much pain. Generally land up having to lie on the toilet floor when this type strikes. Also, so fed up of having to poop four or five times a day, but find that it does relieve some of my symptoms. Also, my Sitz Bath has been a marvel for me.

Soup today to tame the storm.
Savaici
Administrator

Topics: 222

Re: So fed up with stomach ache!!

Postby owmybum » 21 Jan 2014, 14:47

:smilyhug:

So sorry your having such a bad time of it Sav. Sometimes it just takes its toll, and we have to vent... But you are in the right place to do that, and you're amongst "friends"

I hope you can settle your stomach soon..... And I hope your soup is delicious (I love soup!!!!!)

:smilyhug:
fissure after hem banding and tag removal feb 11
Pelvic floor therapy
Diltiazem
Botox June 13
Nitro
Internal flap July 14
EUA and polyps removed Nov 14
Diagnosed with neuropathy Jan 15
Diagnosed with HS EDS type 3 (causes poor wound healing )
owmybum

Topics: 42
Mood: UGH !

Postby Poo-ologist » 22 Jan 2014, 13:37

Hello Sav,

So sorry to hear of your misery! :( I totally feel your pain & frustration as I have suffered from post infectious IBS for a good 16yrs now.

I understand the entire scenario... the cramping, bloating, repetative bowel movements, the nausea associated & the completely & utterly depleated feeling of one's entire body & soul after an episode.

At the time of my initial onslaught I had days when I clocked anything from 30 to 60 bowel motions a day & I had days like that on & off for several months. There was nothing left to :poop: yet the urge was insane & I would pass mucous over & over until my insides felt as though they were hanging out!

I am unaware of your history & you are most likely an experienced sufferer but I found heat as my best comfort. My hot water bottle was my best friend & although this may sound silly & oh so basic & you are already most likely doing but never underestimate the comforting & soothing power of massage! Belly & lower back rubs also helped me settle to sleep. I would often have a chuckle at myself inbetween the tears as I felt as though I was consistanly rubbing Budha's belly for good luck, lol! When having a massage make sure you work in a circular motion & rub in the direction towards your left side as that is the most soothing for your gastrointestinal tract & will also help you expel any wind & :poop: build up that may be lurking in your bowels creating the discomfort.

Sorry if this sounds silly & very basic but it helped me many a times to get through a rough time.

I just wanted you to know that you are not alone & things have to get better or at least under control so hang in there!
Sending strength & healing vibes!

Poo-ologist X
Poo-ologist
Fibre Addict

Topics: 1

Postby Rachael 1984 » 22 Feb 2014, 12:08

Hi S,
Have you thought about trying the FODMAP plan? It has changed my life and bowel movements.... Now,it takes a while to do it and I did it under a registered dietician. My IBS hardly rears it's ugly head now. It's 75% successful for IBS suffers and it's a process of elimination and re-introduction to recognise the culprits. I suffered for over 12 years, hence why I have Fissure issues. It may be worth a try..... X
Hem Banding sept 2012
2Fissures
Nitro- Effective short term
April 2013-Botox-Effective short term
Diltazem-No effect, developed Rash
July 2014-Diagnosed High Resting Pressure
LIS performed on 17.9.14
Ongoing pain/re-tears. Awaiting pressure test results.
Rachael 1984

Topics: 26
Mood: Please heal!

Postby Savaici » 19 Apr 2014, 21:04

Sorry for not writing back before, Rachael and poo-ologist! Thanks for the advice from you both. I am so tired with spending more time in the loo trying to poop/getting over pooping than actually living my life. I will look into the FODMAP diet.

I have not been diagnosed with IBS, but after an increase in a year from one BM a day to at least five, this is my conclusion. It varies between constipation and diarrhea, and never know. Also have an autoimmune disease which plays havoc with my stomach too.

I do use a hot electric pad if things get really painful, and find that it helps. Also find that sleeping on my stomach or half on my stomach helps when I have stomach ache. I used to do dilation but stopped, though considering starting again.

Once again, thanks for the kind words xxx
Savaici
Administrator

Topics: 222

Postby Rachael 1984 » 20 Apr 2014, 03:44

Hi Savaici,
I know how you feel, this takes over your life doesn't it? I hate every morning knowing I need to have a BM, living in constant fear. Even though my IBS is under control now, I did the damage when I was constipated and straining. Hence why I'm looking into surgery now. 5BMs in a day, sounds quite a lot, and maybe the foods you eat, some you are intolerant to. I was reading an article the other day where a girl suffering from IBS took the York Intolerance test and she found out she was intolerant to certain foods. This test starts from £9.99 in the UK. Sure you can get it in the US, maybe you could try that to start with whilst you are getting the Insurance sorted. So you used to live in the Uk? Wow, how's life in America? I would love to live there! Xxxxx
Hem Banding sept 2012
2Fissures
Nitro- Effective short term
April 2013-Botox-Effective short term
Diltazem-No effect, developed Rash
July 2014-Diagnosed High Resting Pressure
LIS performed on 17.9.14
Ongoing pain/re-tears. Awaiting pressure test results.
Rachael 1984

Topics: 26
Mood: Please heal!