Fissure & Internal Hem

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Fissure & Internal Hem

Postby vdb324 » 25 Jan 2014, 21:44

Hi all,

I first started having pain last February. After a colonoscopy, they said I had internal hemorrhoids. The bleeding and pain didn't go away after prescribing Anucort suppositories (hydrocortisone). The pain at the initial onset in February was very swollen and higher up - like right below my tail bone. It hurt to run or move quickly due to the swollen feeling - much different from the spasms associated with a fissure. It wasn't until July when I was told that I had a fissure and it was unlikely the hemorrhoids were causing so much pain.

Recently, I have done two rounds of Botox and have been feeling good with almost no blood (most days there's nothing). However, the last few days, that swollen feeling has returned - very different that the AF spasm pain. Do you think it's likely that my hemorrhoids are getting worked up again?

My concern is that if they are, that it's going to set my AF back in the progress it has made.

I have contemplated taking the Anucort again (I have some leftover) to help keep the problem from escalating. Is it okay to take Anucort with a fissure, or could that set me back more?

I see the doctor on Tuesday, but I'm just very nervous that this is going to get a lot worse in the next three days.
Feb. 2013 - Developed AF
July 2013 - Diagnosed AF;nifidepine lidocaine treatment
Oct. 2013 - 1st round of Botox & skin tag removal
Dec. 2013 - 2nd Botox
March 2014 - Spinchterotomy
June 2015 - Diagnosed with Pelvic Floor Dysfunction/Vulvodynia
vdb324
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 52

Re: Fissure & Internal Hem

Postby owmybum » 26 Jan 2014, 12:11

I would try and hold off from using the anucort until you have seen the dr. The problem with fissures and hems, as far as creams are concerned, is that hems require cream that restricts blood flow to shrink them down, whilst fissures require the opposite..... Cream that increases blood to the area to aid in healing the cut.
I would try to hang on in there until then.
I found that after my Botox I had awful coccyx pain. I've never got to the bottom ( soz) of what caused it, or if it was the Botox.... But everything felt very swollen in there for quite some time after.
If you are desperate for relief, you could try putting a covered ice cube on the area for a bit??

Try not to panic.... I'm sure it's all normal.

OMB x
fissure after hem banding and tag removal feb 11
Pelvic floor therapy
Diltiazem
Botox June 13
Nitro
Internal flap July 14
EUA and polyps removed Nov 14
Diagnosed with neuropathy Jan 15
Diagnosed with HS EDS type 3 (causes poor wound healing )
owmybum

Topics: 42
Mood: UGH !

Postby nicholas48 » 26 Jan 2014, 20:00

wow you have me a bit worried // I went in in oct of 2013 to get banded for hemorrhoids / it helped but not all the way -- make a long story short 1 had 3 more bandings // last one on about dec 5 2013-- everything seemed ok until right before xmas I had more than normal blood and pain. on xmas day I was in so much pain I couldn't function - I called the doc emergency line and he prescribed me some sepositorys as I was on a ski vacation and could not get back to see him until jan 3rd. I don't want to tell you how bad I was for that time frame however when I returned and went in for my appointmentI was told I had a fissure and was given a prescription for diazatine ointment. I have been using it now for 3 weeks and I still have a lot of pain after a bm. the bleeding seems to have slowed but man it hurts for about 4 hours after a bm every morning. I am skedualed for botox on wed but now afraid of the swollen side effects after reading your post. I am so depressed I cant even play with my kids during the day. I wish I could have my life back. sorry to sound so depressing.
nicholas48
Fibre Addict

Topics: 1

Postby nicholas48 » 26 Jan 2014, 20:04

sorry about my first post -- I do have some questions -- how the heck does anyone get any kind of ointment up there to help it heal. If I use my finger it sets off more pain and to try to use a q-tip seems frutile as it would take forever to put anything up there that would do any good. please help . thanks
nicholas48
Fibre Addict

Postby vdb324 » 26 Jan 2014, 22:40

Thanks, OMB. Deep down, I was really thinking I should probably just wait to see the CRS in a couple of days, but as always, I am trying to do everything in my power to prevent this thing from getting any worse! I was doing so well for so long!

Nicholas, the swollen-ness is not from the Botox. After my second round of Botox only (don't pay any attention to the first round, as I also had a tag removal which caused more pain that necessary), I was back at work the next day with little pain. The botox actually helped really well for the past three to four weeks (no pain at all/no blood), but I am experiencing a little more pain again now. There are some success stories with Botox on this site, like JHH. I would definitely try it out before doing hte more invasive surgery - LIS.
Feb. 2013 - Developed AF
Dec. 2013 - 2nd Botox
vdb324
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby nicholas48 » 27 Jan 2014, 06:06

Thank you for your clarification. How did they do the Botox? Were you under sedation or not? How bad was it??
nicholas48
Fibre Addict

Postby vdb324 » 27 Jan 2014, 06:30

I was under sedation. I guess not all CR surgeons do this, but mine said he highly recommended it due to the area and the needle length. It went fine. There was some slight pain, but it was mostly because he couldn't use a local anesthetic due to a reaction I had the first time and the gauze was irritating my fissure. However, this went away within the first 12 hours, and I was back to normal and at work the next day. I could tell it was making a difference about two and a half to three weeks after the surgery.
Feb. 2013 - Developed AF
Dec. 2013 - 2nd Botox
vdb324
Proctosphincteranalogist