LIS & Fissure (Post-Botox) and IBD?

You all are a smart bunch!

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

LIS & Fissure (Post-Botox) and IBD?

Postby vdb324 » 28 Jan 2014, 20:52

So, it looks like I'll be starting a new diary here soon. After two rounds of Botox, I went in for my follow-up appointment. After three FANTASTIC painless weeks, I had one more painful, swollen week last week. The CRS confirmed it looks like it tore back open again. He doesn't do Botox more than twice.

So, LIS is the next step. And you all are SO smart. I was asking him many of the questions you all raised, that were concerns of mine, and he's like, "These are questions I teach my graduate students - very good, academic questions." I've learned a lot from you all!

I raised my concerns about being a woman, but he said he still usually puts incontinence at a 5% risk and has never had any major issues with his patients. Childbearing didn't seem to be much of a concern for him.

So, I'm slated for my LIS surgery. I am very nervous. That 5% seems like a lot when you're staying it in the face, but I like the idea of getting back to my normal life of running and spinning.

One thing that did come up is my potential for IBD. I have to meet with a GI one last time before LIS. As mentioned, I seem to have to use the bathroom after running (even just a mile or two), certain foods, and when I get nervous, go shopping, etc. I am very concerned that there is potentially another deeper issue at large, because once they cut the muscle, you don't really want a reoccurrance. Hereditary-wise, my grandma does have colitis, but it's not ulcerative, and my paternal side of the family all seems to have some type of IBS that none of them ever want to talk to a doctor about.

How do they test for IBD without a colonoscopy? I already had one and it came back fine...
Feb. 2013 - Developed AF
July 2013 - Diagnosed AF;nifidepine lidocaine treatment
Oct. 2013 - 1st round of Botox & skin tag removal
Dec. 2013 - 2nd Botox
March 2014 - Spinchterotomy
June 2015 - Diagnosed with Pelvic Floor Dysfunction/Vulvodynia
vdb324
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 52

Re: LIS & Fissure (Post-Botox) and IBD?

Postby Bettyblue » 29 Jan 2014, 12:25

Hey vdb, good that you decided to go for LIS. don't be scared. I know is easier to say it than do it. But your CRS sounds like a good doctor and you will see that surgery is a piece of cake. In no time you will be at home again getting better every day. Please post when your surgery is, so we can send you a lot of good energy. Meanwhile many blessings and I hope the GI could find what is happening to you. Take care.
Bettyblue
VIP

Topics: 7

Re: LIS & Fissure (Post-Botox) and IBD?

Postby vdb324 » 29 Jan 2014, 22:40

Thanks! It is March 3.
Feb. 2013 - Developed AF
July 2013 - Diagnosed AF;nifidepine lidocaine treatment
Oct. 2013 - 1st round of Botox & skin tag removal
Dec. 2013 - 2nd Botox
March 2014 - Spinchterotomy
June 2015 - Diagnosed with Pelvic Floor Dysfunction/Vulvodynia