starting rectiv

lets try that again

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

starting rectiv

Postby Hurtswhenisit » 22 Feb 2014, 11:06

Hello everybody, Tony here went for my second opinion and was diagnosed with a post terior anal fissure . He prescribed me with a cream Rectiv .2% twice a day and fiber . The rectiv seems to make it a little more painful but I've noticed the itch has eased up for the most part. The fiber has been working haven't had logs like this in a while.I think this is were it all started from. Straining on the toilet due to the worst diet known to mankind ( junk food smokes and coffee) all day everyday for years and years. This is been a very dramatic experience to me having my mind set on anal cancer or etc...e
Even after he told me what it was i went home and started lookingbat it through a mirror and if u ask me it looks more like a little hole of some nature. I starting getting scared thinking it was maybe a fistula orsomething so i picked up the phone and called the office to ask more question and drive them crazy ( the nurse made me feel better and said if it was a fitsula iwould be having some discharge pthis or blood maybe. She said give it time and see what happens. I just want to say im a complete mess.All i have is horrible thoghts in my head. This little hole or fissure makes me feel like my who know is rotting away. As i mentioned before l have list ten lbs also and i am a skinny guy as it is if you dont mind me asking tou guys questions off topic do you think smoking two packs a day dringing coffee all day and only eating when im starving could add to this I'm a mess please help me.
Hurtswhenisit
Fibre Addict

Topics: 9

Re: starting rectiv

Postby Savaici » 23 Feb 2014, 20:37

I do think that you writing that do we think "smoking two packs a day, drinking coffee all day and only eating when I'm starving" absolutely is not the way you should treat your body when you have an anal fissure :) Also, it must definitely aggravate your IBS too.

There is a lot on here about what to eat to make pooping easier, and that is what you need to do. Look under the search link above as it is really good to search. It has lots of options.

Rectiv can give you a headache, so start slowly with a small amount. But PERSEVERE . You need to unit regularly for at least a month to see if it will work for you.

And forget about cancer. Believe what your doctor has told you. And try not to worry. :scratch:

Good luck :smilyhug:
Savaici
Administrator

Topics: 222

Postby Hurtswhenisit » 23 Feb 2014, 22:56

Thank you for reply, I always think for the worst case scenario. I'vepretty much been preparing my self for death.SSomeone's a hypochondriac. I is just unbearable the pain half a day everyday. Makes me want to lose it sometimes. Thank you for advise
Hurtswhenisit
Fibre Addict

Topics: 9

Postby Scientist2516 » 24 Feb 2014, 15:51

Hi Hurts.
Listen to Savaici - but also, listen to your body. Eat good food, three meals a day, include fruit and vegetables. DRINK LOTS OF WATER. You don't have to give up coffee, but it does dehydrate you, so for every cup of coffee, drink one or two cups of water. I am not kidding. You are taking fibre supplements, so it is even more important to drink water. The fibre draws water into your intestines, which helps make the stools soft. If your body doesn't have enough water in it, the fibre will make your stools harder to pass, not easier.
Also, if you are having "logs", ease up on the fibre. You don't want huge stools, even if they are soft. Small ones are easier to pass. Cut down the fibre a bit and see what happens.

It sounds as though you are high-strung. Relaxing will help you to heal. Try warm baths or sitting on a warm heating-pad or hot water bottle. But for you, I think a warm bath will help you to relax as well as help your fissure. On the toilet, try to relax as much as possible. I know it hurts, but relaxation is the key. Don't strain, don't hold it in. Let it fall out, if it will. Straining will tear you again, and you don't want that!

Keep us posted, ask questions if you need to. We are here to help - we all know how it feels. Good luck!
Nifedipine/lidocaine, no help
Diltiazem, effective, but caused major rash
Nitroglycerine, effective.
Topical estrogen for final healing.
Gentle heat to bottom - pain relief, muscle relaxant
Kondremul mineral oil
Time - lots of time.
Status - Healed!
Scientist2516

Topics: 16