Am I making progress?

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Am I making progress?

Postby wonderduck8238 » 08 Mar 2014, 14:36

Around Christmas time I was experience inflammation and itchiness. I started using witch hazel wipes and then those sensations went away. That's when the anal fissure started. BMs started to become painful and bloody with spasms afterwards. I've made changes in diet and started taking more regular and sitz baths but I haven't been too regimented. Now it has gotten to the point where for a few days things will seem fine but then I will start to see blood again. There's no longer any pain and I can feel less of a "tearing" sensation. Spasms are rare and happen only for a few minutes. I've started putting blobs of coconut oil and jojoba oil up there and taking magnesium supplements to try and relax. I imagine part of my problem is just the way I eat food, I'm not very good at chewing thoroughly.

Does it sound like things are getting better? I'm just concerned that two months later there's still blood even though there's no more pain.

Any suggestions? Is it worth having a doctor check it out or am I just going to be prescribed something?

Thanks for the help.
wonderduck8238

Topics: 1

Re: Am I making progress?

Postby ButtQueen » 08 Mar 2014, 20:36

Hi wonderduck, welcome to the forum. Yes in my opinion you have made quite a lot of progress. The reduction of pain is a sign in itself. However, what you need to remember is that anal fissures take a lot of time to heal completely. I personally think that the time period of 6 to 8 weeks given on the internet for a fissure to heal completely is plain rubbish. You should make a record of your progress in weeks if not in months.

If two months later you think you are better than how you were two months earlier, you are doing all the right stuff. Do not be worried by the bleeding as it is the pain which is the actual indicator of whether your fissure is on the recovery road or not. Keep on doing what you are doing right now to keep your stools soft. It will take some time but it will heal eventually. About the doctor, well, it is always good to get a first-hand professional opinion. Going to the doctor once won't hurt you. So, do that if possible. Good luck!
ButtQueen
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 9