More ??'s about my Fissurectomy

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

More ??'s about my Fissurectomy

Postby TiredOfHurting » 03 Jun 2014, 13:29

Can anyone tell me if it is normal to still have very minor, but noticeable leakage 5-6 weeks post-op?? Enough that if I wear thin shorts without a panty liner it will slightly leak through and show through light colored clothing. This is getting very old! Doctor said it's normal and if it didn't eventually go away he would cauterize it, but that it is very painful..I have been through enough pain...If there is hope it will soon go away I will just wait it out...But it is very much a nuisance and makes me very uncomfortable and gross feeling!!

How long does it take for there to be NO PAIN before, during or after BMs? Somedays I have ZERO...while other days I feel crampy, or painful....Seems each day is different from the last! Will I EVER feel "normal" again??

I am so bad at staying on a diet plan....I seem to really over do it on the fiber too....causing too many BM's...then causing irritation because I've went so much....What should I be eating regularly...How often should I be taking fiber? My doctor has not been great with giving me advice on this part....He came greatly recommended as far as being a great surgeon, but I have been very un impressed with his follow ups!

I was also never even given the option for LIS, or botox or any of the stuff I read on the boards....I literally went in with what I thought was a hemorrhoid flare up, he took one look and told me I had a fissure that was never getting better on it's own...I was in such pain I just took his word for it, and signed up for surgery at 6AM the next morning...I had been in such great pain for the 2 weeks leading up to that doctor visit that I would have flown to the moon with him if I thought it would've brought me relief! I do think he did a fine job on the surgery....I am much, MUCH better than before....BUT, I just feel like I am ready to be at 100%! today is 34 days post op for me and I am still dealing with leakage, and some UN-comfortableness......Now I do admit that some of this could be that I do not eat a proper diet, or correct fiber...I have a lap-band which first doesn't allow me to eat like normal people....I have very limited food intake to begin with...So I try and take the miralax with my coffee in the morning to keep things moving along...then my food is usually just what my band can allow me to get down...I may have to adjust my band though for a while to get better in this area.....I just really don't know what to do.....
TiredOfHurting

Topics: 3