Botox people

Itching and other Q's

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Botox people

Postby Apes » 05 Jun 2014, 06:40

So today is my one one month anniversary of Botox, and almost 4 months of this fissure. Not to Jinx anything but I think I'm making real progress. 2 BMS every morning smooth and no pain, shower and bath right after.I can feel the BM move pass the fissure but everyday I feel it less and less.
So my question is I have started to get a little itchy down there. I still have an external hemmy, and I'm not putting any creams on. Can and should I put anything on the itch? I was thinking of Balmex.
Second question, now that I'm making progress I'm starting to worry about the botox wearing off. Now I know that the purpose of botox is give the fissure time heal, and then wear off. Those of you who have had Botox that didn't work, when did you know it wasn't working, before it wore off or after, and what happened?
For those who were successful with Botox, how long did it take to make that realization, or was it the CRS that took look and say it was healed. I'm going for my follow up next week. I'm thinking that she can look in gently with a finger but any instrument going in there is out of the question?????
Thanks
Fissure 2/13/14 from Colonoscopy
Nitro no help
Nifedipine no help
Botox 5/5/2014 work in progress
HEALED 10/2014
Apes
VIP

Topics: 17

Re: Botox people

Postby owmybum » 05 Jun 2014, 15:18

Hi Apes,
I'm really glad to hear things are going so well for you!
I think putting any soothing cream on will be just fine... It may even help speed things along.
As for the Botox working or not... I knew within a couple of weeks to a month that things were not getting any better... In fact things actually got worse for me after Botox!!
Things seem to be looking good for you!!

OMB x
fissure after hem banding and tag removal feb 11
Pelvic floor therapy
Diltiazem
Botox June 13
Nitro
Internal flap July 14
EUA and polyps removed Nov 14
Diagnosed with neuropathy Jan 15
Diagnosed with HS EDS type 3 (causes poor wound healing )
owmybum

Topics: 42
Mood: UGH !