Progress update

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Progress update

Postby juney » 29 Nov 2007, 16:38

so it's been exactly 9 weeks since my 2nd LIS. i actually just had to count on the calendar cuz i stopped keeping track. i guess that's what happens after so long! i still think i'm making progress verrrrry slooooowly. the pain is so minimal lately, i definitely don't think about it all day everday anymore. so that's encouraging!!!
i take 1-2 tbsp of MOM almost everyday to keep things soft, along with 3 250mg docusate sodium (stool softener) pills and all the other supplements. i still take 400-600 mg of ibuprofen after bm, along with at least 1 hot bath every day. basically nothing in my routine has changed since the surgery, except i'm a little more leniant in my diet. i'm sure the baths are a little excessive after so long, but it makes me more comfortable and i at least feel like i'm doing something to help it along. i've got my CRS appt in 2 weeks although i doubt she'll have anymore advice to give. i can't believe how ABNORMAL my case is!!!
anyway, so i'm gonna keep up the routine and keep my hopes up as long as it takes :) that's all we can all do i guess.
in other news, i have to have ANOTHER surgery in 2 weeks to remove some problematic fibroids in my uterus. this'll be my 3rd surgery in 9 months. This is JUST NOT MY YEAR!!! Image i know you all can understand!
juney
King Fissure

Topics: 36

Re: Progress update

Postby Deleted User 5 » 29 Nov 2007, 17:20

I think you are so *cool* in continuing to take those long hot baths. You are doing yourself such a BIG favor, and helping the healing along so much! Keep it up, Juney!
I does worry me that you are having a surgery right on the heels of this great healing spell.
I would just hate to see *any* of your progress reversed, as you have come a long way and fought a hard battle against your AF!!!
When you do have the next surgery, make a valiant attempt to stay on your AF diet and keep the baths up, and everything else you are doing.
My fingers and toes are crossed for you!!
Deleted User 5

Postby juney » 29 Nov 2007, 17:31

hehe, thanks kim! i made sure my gyno knows about the fissure so hopefully he'll take extra precaution in that area...and i'll try to keep the pain killers to a minimum, i don't want any constipation now. luckily recovery time for this surgery is only 2 or 3 days.
i can't decide what's worse: heavy & painful menstrual bleeding for 2-3 weeks every month or a fissure!! both have really made my life difficult! but i see a light at the end of the tunnel :)
juney
King Fissure

Postby Deleted User 5 » 29 Nov 2007, 17:34

Yes, I think the second LIS is going to put you back on track!! Image
Deleted User 5

Postby Guest » 29 Nov 2007, 17:57

Juney,
I am glad you are making progress. That is a tough call period or fissure???
Hmmmmmmmmm I am not sure on that one. I still take a hot bath every morniing after my BM. My second shot is working good but I stay on my diet, supplements and baths. Keep going girl and good luck with your surgery.
Take Care
Patty

Postby Guest » 29 Nov 2007, 18:05

I think if you can cut back on the period length and cramping your fissure will heal better. When your uterus contracts, so does your anus. If you are shedding lining that long, the uterus has to contract to get it out thus adding to the spasms in the bottom.

That is too bad you are having such a rough year with everything. You may need to up the MOM after surgery so you don't get constipated from the anesthesia and painkillers. That seeme to work for me plus addin magnesium supplements into my routine.

But I am glad to hear you have been able to get your mind off your butt some. That is a sure sign of healing. I wonder if there is a coorelation between you requiring two surgerys to relax the sphincter and your gyno problem. That could be why you have had such trouble. So, you really aren't abnormal it is just you had extenuating circumstances that many who have the surgery may not.

Postby happyass » 29 Nov 2007, 22:49

excellent news about your LIS progress juney.
keep up the good work and patience and time is key to your healing in addition to the diet too.
good luck with the upcoming surgery. i will keep you in my prayers that it all goes well and that you'll even have better results with your fissure/anal issues.
at least you are addressing your health issues and getting them taken care of. perhaps 2007 didn't end so well but what goes down must come up and you will have a much brighter and healthier 2008.
sweet dreams!
gareth
happyass
King Fissure

Topics: 74

Postby juney » 30 Nov 2007, 10:39

thanks for the encouragement and good thoughts, everyone!!
lecia, i definitely see the connection between my female problems and my butt problems. (best of both worlds huh?! hehe) the uterine cramps are so bad sometimes it makes me vomit. that can't be good for my sphincter!
and yes gareth, i'm counting on "what goes down must come up" in terms of my health right now :) same goes for ALL of us!
juney
King Fissure