Fissure / hemorrhoid? Worried

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Fissure / hemorrhoid? Worried

Postby leahnc » 27 Jun 2014, 18:06

Hi Im new to this forum and to Fissures/hemorrhoids :butthurts: :butthurts:

Im Not sure what is going on but I have a lot of internal anal/rectal burning. No itching, no pain, just BURNING. I also experience an internal rectal sensations like that feeling when you need to push a bowel movement out. The sensation is present most of the day (no pain just a sensation) It comes and goes - I notice it all the time though. Its so bothersome.

Ive been eating really healthy this week to assist in the soft bowel movements. I feel the urge to go, but I have to push the stool out even though they are super soft. It like the motility at the sphincter isn't working properly? - Does that even make sense?

Im using the Prep H internal cream for the burning. It helps. I have the Prep H suppositories too but haven't used them just yet. I have a small lil bump externally that is not abnormal looking. It is a little tender but its not alarming
Im wondering if I have a Fissure internally? Ive never had one, but everything Im reading points to that - especially the burning

A little side note
-- I had to hold a bowel movement in a few weeks ago (maybe for 5 minutes) because there was no bathroom in sight (we were at the zoo) It was quite painful to hold in and i could feel burning/stinging while holding it. By the time I was able to have a bowel movement there was bright red streaks of blood on the toilet paper. Nothing major but alarming.. I had some diarrhea that day. I was fine for a week or so, and now im having all these new issuers. Could holding my stool in that day have damaged my sphincter muscle? If so can I fix it?
Im going to try the Prep H for the burning for one week and continue to clean up my diet. More fiber rich foods and water to see if I get better. If Im not better in a week Ill have my doctor check me.

Any thoughts or suggestions are appreciated. This is all new to me. Thank you :thanx:
leahnc
Fibre Addict

Topics: 4

Re: Fissure / hemorrhoid? Worried

Postby Apes » 28 Jun 2014, 06:48

Sorry you are having these issues. You may have a fissure. You should go see a CRS. IF IT IS a fissure you want to start treatment ASAP. The urge to go and streams of blood could be an internal hemmy. They are not usually painful. I'm not sure that prep H is the best thing if you have a fissure.
Fissure 2/13/14 from Colonoscopy
Nitro no help
Nifedipine no help
Botox 5/5/2014 work in progress
HEALED 10/2014
Apes
VIP

Topics: 17

Re: Fissure / hemorrhoid? Worried

Postby Savaici » 28 Jun 2014, 13:12

I agree with Apes. See a colon and rectal surgeon (CRS) as soon as you can. If you do have a fissure, GPs are utterly useless for diagnosing these, and the sooner you sort it out the better. If it's a fissure, the first few weeks it is described as being acute and so much easier to heal. Then it becomes chronic, and things become so much more difficult. If it is just a hemorrhoid, it will usually resolve itself. There is a lot of information under the Anal Fissure sub-forum. Do take some time to read it. Lots of good info.
Savaici
Administrator

Topics: 222