My method to healing after 1 yr.

Please help others by posting your success story here. Tell us what worked for you, before you move on with your fissure-free life!!

Return to Anal Fissure Success Stories

Re: My method to healing after 1 yr.

Postby Deleted User 3689 » 12 Apr 2015, 09:54

Sufferingbadly wrote:Wow this post made me feel so positive and good about healing my own fissure. Was yours chronic or acute? Did you have a sentinel pile? I think I have one :(.. I've been afraid to eat but have heard that's bad to do. My mom just made fresh tamales. I've been holding off on eating it. Maybe I'll give one a try? Masa is ok to eat? I'll try the apple juice thing for now. I eat a couple prunes a day. I take one stool softener in the morning and one at night. I drink close to 60oz of water a day. I'm 122lbs and have had this fissure for a month or more. I put nifedipine and lidocaine both twice a day. My bowel movement has bed ridden me for the day. Sharp excruciating pain going on for 3 hours now :( I hope I become successful like you at healing my fissure!

I had my fissure for a little over a year, so definitely chronic. Masa is good, it's got lots of fiber! I would recommend stop the stool softner, with tamales and apple juice you won't need it! Trust me, I had a couple of close calls. lol. The stool softner will make your stomach hurt and might cause multiple poops, from my experience. I had pain for over a year, until I finally changed my eating and stuck with it, it was slow but after two months I was almost healed.

Let me know if you have any other questions! Will be glad to help!
Deleted User 3689

Postby Sufferingbadly » 12 Apr 2015, 10:21

Thank you so much for replying! I'm still so sore from my BM yesterday so I am fearing today, but we will see. Someone on the thread suggested using an enema mixed with warm water and some extra virgin Olive oil to coat the stool to slide out easier. Have you ever tried using enemas before passing a stool? I've heard others who swear by coconut oil, (making their own suppositories.) I'm curious to try this. Ugh I'm so desperate for this to go away! I just want to feel normal again and be able to play with my kids and not have them see me in bed all the time :( such a depressing injury to have. I'm glad your doing better!! I'm seriously going to focus on my diet like you did. Again, thanks for your support with replying to me :D
Sufferingbadly
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 5

Postby Deleted User 3689 » 12 Apr 2015, 10:34

Sufferingbadly wrote:Thank you so much for replying! I'm still so sore from my BM yesterday so I am fearing today, but we will see. Someone on the thread suggested using an enema mixed with warm water and some extra virgin Olive oil to coat the stool to slide out easier. Have you ever tried using enemas before passing a stool? I've heard others who swear by coconut oil, (making their own suppositories.) I'm curious to try this. Ugh I'm so desperate for this to go away! I just want to feel normal again and be able to play with my kids and not have them see me in bed all the time :( such a depressing injury to have. I'm glad your doing better!! I'm seriously going to focus on my diet like you did. Again, thanks for your support with replying to me :D

I never liked the thought of enemas so avoided then. I used vaseline. Use a latex glove, put a good amount on the tip of your index finger and insert two inches (halfway between first and second knuckle of your index finger). this will coat the passage and make bowel slide out while reducing friction against the canal and it will also stimulate you to poop soon after. I did this every morning to set up regularity. Even after I was healed I continued to do it just in case it was a hard bowel movement it still just slide out. I squat over the toilet. Like put both feet on lid and balance against something. We have the vanity cabinet next to the toilet so I balance myself with that.

Do not push, whatever you do. What comes out, comes out and that's it!

Wait until its literally about to come out so you won't have to push. I would walk around with my pants and underwear off so when I had to go I was ready. And if you are constipated but know you have to go, walk around the house with pants off and eventually you will feel it ready to come out and you can avoid the pushing and pain associated with it.

You will get better soon! You just have to dedicate yourself to it. I wish I would of known everything sooner, it took me a while, lots of pain and worrying. For a while I was very depressed, I have 4 kids myself all under 5 so it really hurt not being able to be joyful and happy at all times with them.
Deleted User 3689

Postby Deleted User 3689 » 12 Apr 2015, 10:51

When you wipe, dab it don't wipe either.

Clean off the big mess then get some more toilet paper, run some water over it and dab it to clean it better. Then get more dry toilet paper and dab it again to dry it off.
Deleted User 3689