Discharge from fissure

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Discharge from fissure

Postby cracked82 » 24 Jul 2014, 01:58

Hi everyone.

My problems all began about 9 months ago now when I began to experience a burning sensation in my rectum after defecating. I put up with it for a couple of months believing it was a hemorroid and that it would get better on it's own. It continued to bother me and after seeing my GP, pain turned to agony, I eventually was diagnosed with an anal fissure by a colorectal surgeon. I was prescribed diltiazem ointment which I applied regularly and within a couple of months the spasms had gone and I felt like I was finally healing.

But now I seem to have hit a plateau. I don't have any spasms but I have a constant yellowish discharge from my anus. I have to clean around my bottom every couple of hours. If I don't, the area around my bottom gets really sore and inflamed. The other problem is the bleeding. I only have to break wind and the bleeding starts. Not lots of blood but as I'm sure you can imagine, open wounds and poo don't make a healing bottom. It doesn't hurt particularly, I know it's there but it's nothing compared to what the spasms were.

I have read that sometimes anal fissures can leak fluid. Has anyone else experienced this? Is there much chance of the fissure healing with the lotions and potions prescribed? I take 2 fybogel sachets a day and have very soft stools. Any help will be gratefully received.

Thanks.
cracked82
Fibre Addict

Topics: 4

Re: Discharge from fissure

Postby Roidsfizzman » 24 Jul 2014, 10:01

Hi Cracked,
The yellow discharge if it has a foul smell could be a sign of infection. If the creams have not healed the fissure in two months, you may want to consider the next step to heal the fissure with Botox or LIS. You should call your CRS and ask about the yellow discharge and the next steps to hear the fissure. It is best to take the next step sooner than later as an older fissure can develop more issues with scare tissue, sentinel pile, muscle fiber tear and rounded skin edges.
Roidsfizzman
Proctosphincteranalogist

Re: Discharge from fissure

Postby cracked82 » 13 Aug 2014, 18:30

I think it may be a fistula. What I assumed was a sentinel pile now has a little head on it that discharges when I press it, along with the apparent pus from inside my anus. Still have 2 months until my appointment with the surgeon. I suppose now it has a way to get out it won't get any worse.
cracked82
Fibre Addict