Witch Hazel Wipes for fissure?

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Witch Hazel Wipes for fissure?

Postby sababa » 28 Jul 2014, 23:01

Hi,

Does anyone know if using witch hazel toilet wipes can be helpful for fissures? Will it cause burning sensation?

:thanx:
sababa
Fibre Addict

Topics: 8

Re: Witch Hazel Wipes for fissure?

Postby ckelley116 » 29 Jul 2014, 05:59

Hi sababa-

I didn't use witch hazel wipes, but soaked a cotton pad in witch hazel from the bottle and used that for wiping after a BM or just to be "extra clean" after a shower. I used them maybe 2-3 times a day, and I did notice irritation. I can't guarantee that it was due to the witch hazel or just because of the fissure itself, but I've been less irritated since I stopped using it and have actually felt darn near perfect the last few days. I might have been using it too often as well.

Give it a try and see if it works for you - a lot of people on the forum here swear by them. And if they don't, well, witch hazel is really good for your face! That's where mine goes now :D (although I don't know if I'd use the Prep H wipes on my face...)
ckelley116
Fibre Addict

Topics: 4

Postby Deleted User 3641 » 29 Jul 2014, 21:35

i could swear that witch hazel irritated me. any wiping away of natural body oil is never great when dealing with fissures.
i actually use aloe and vitamin e wipes with NO alcohol. get the hypoallergenic ones. afterwards i smooth a bit of extra virgin coconut oil on to sooth any irritation. right now i wear depends after botox surgery. no incontinrnce but they're more for preventing the oil from seeping through.
Deleted User 3641

Postby Apes » 30 Jul 2014, 06:57

Water on the TP works best for me. No wiping, usually clean up in the shower after.
Fissure 2/13/14 from Colonoscopy
Nitro no help
Nifedipine no help
Botox 5/5/2014 work in progress
HEALED 10/2014
Apes
VIP

Topics: 17