When will it go away!!

Not sure

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

When will it go away!!

Postby sandman » 26 Aug 2014, 09:53

Hi All,

I am new to this forums.. my first post. I am suffering with fissure for 2 months now. Went to Doctor and confirm the fissure. so prescribed Nifidiphine. Been using that for a Month now. I have noticed a significant difference in pain reduction. from 90% to 10%. I am currently also using stool softeners and Magnisums Citrate. Stools have been soft but sometimes still get those hard tips and after that pain goes back to like 30% burning only and no pain. i went back to doctor and he said its normal and should continue with Nifidphine for another month. Also using hot water bottles for last 3 weeks.

I feel like my life is ruined since i dont know if I ever will going to get well. I am so afraid and need your support and help!! thats why I am here.

My questions are

1) will i be able to recover fully since don't know what will happen if i will have normal bowel movement in the future. Will fissure re-tear. Currently i am having very powdery flour poo. Is this normal?
2) sometimes i feel like someone is pulling my hair down there or needle poking feeling or pricking. is that normal?
3) scared on what will happen once I stop taking stool softeners since I don't want to take for rest of my life.
4) I am still fell little discomfort while driving to work and coming back driving from the work. is this normal?

everyone please share your experiences with me.
sandman
Fibre Addict

Topics: 5

Re: When will it go away!!

Postby Apes » 26 Aug 2014, 13:30

Sorry you have joined us.
You will be able to recover but it may take time. Nifedipine is a first line defense and good sign if it has decreased your pain. Keeping your BM soft is really important. It sounds like pulling down there is completely normal symptom of a fissure. I wouldn't worry about taking the stool softener to long, it's ok and you will be able to stop when you heal or feel your BM are consistent. It sounds like you still have the fissure so discomfort is normal. If you are having more better days then you are going in the right direction. If the nifedipine doesn't work you can consult your CRS for other options. If you can take warm baths after your BM THAT SHOULD ALSO HELP. GOOD LUCK
Fissure 2/13/14 from Colonoscopy
Nitro no help
Nifedipine no help
Botox 5/5/2014 work in progress
HEALED 10/2014
Apes
VIP

Topics: 17

Postby sandman » 26 Aug 2014, 13:59

Thank you Apes for the reply..

I feel like its improving slowly but question is will i be able to recover fully since don't know what will happen if i will have normal bowel movement in the future. Will fissure re-tear. Currently i am having very powdery flour poo. Is this normal? I have tried taking Benfiber but it makes my poo normal-bigger so it hurts a lot. Will my nerves get addicted to powdery poos and hurt when i have normal BM? If anyone is healed this way and can share their story would be great.

Thank you all, God Bless you!!
sandman
Fibre Addict

Postby Sakura1 » 26 Aug 2014, 16:20

Hi sandman
As Apes says, stool softeners are fine for longer term use. You sound like you aRe doing well and have managed to greatly reduce your pain.

You probably need to give it more time and keep everything soft. When you are healed then you will be able to slowly reduce the amount of softener you use. As long as you are healed properly you shouldn't retear although there don't seem to be any guarantees. I plan to avoid nuts and popcorn for the long term to try to ensure mine never comes back once healed :)
Sakura1
Salt Bather

Topics: 3

Postby sandman » 28 Aug 2014, 14:41

An Update:

I had a hard/Normal BM today. now the pain is back to 40% now. is this normal healing process. Last week almost had only 10% of pain. its very difficult to keep the poop soft. Not sure on how this will heal up.

please help!! i am confused and depressed. i see some light then its dark again.
sandman
Fibre Addict

Postby Alyssa » 28 Aug 2014, 21:36

Sandman,

Unfortunately you will have some good and bad days... I too was confused because when I was feeling mild pain I was assuming I was healing but then the next day my pain would increase. What helped me were the warm sitz baths and a heating pad.
2/14 Fissure developed
3/14 Diagnosed w/ fissure given Nifedipine
4/14 Referred to Pelvic Floor Physical Therapy=Pelvic Floor Dysfunction
5/14 Fissure declared "healed"/chronic anal pain persists
9/5/14 Botox to pelvic floor
9/22 biofeedback
Alyssa
VIP

Topics: 26

Postby mmklinemm » 28 Aug 2014, 22:01

To help with the hard stool tips, trying taking your magnesium citrate every 12 hours. I take 150mg around 11am and another 150mg before bed. Splitting up the dosage really helped in that department. I'm female and 120 lbs, so your dosage may be different.
mmklinemm
VIP

Topics: 13

Postby PianoMan » 29 Aug 2014, 16:39

I'm seven months into my anal fissure experience, and I've been through and am going through much of what sandman is saying. The right stool softener has been the best solution for me, although I've had to go through some that didn't work (Colace, Miralax w/ water). I mix Miralax with Prune Juice now (along with Benefiber) and it has helped me "poop like pudding."

When I am having an attack of pain, driving is VERY uncomfortable. When I get home I usually lie face down on the couch for as long as I can. The inactivity can be depressing but any activity can be painful. Hot baths have been helpful. Looking over a week's time, my pain intensity, frequency, and/or duration have decreased with the Nifidepine and Prune Juice cocktail, so I take that as a positive. It unfortunately seems like this is going to be a chronic problem where sharp attacks are still going to happen, and we just have to take the long view of healing it.
PianoMan

Postby sandman » 29 Aug 2014, 19:53

Thanks Pianoman.

Question: do you eat on same routine means same food because I have been on the same diet for the past 2 months. I am scared what it will do if I changed my diet and can cause constipation or hard BM. how much Prune juice do you take with miralax?
sandman
Fibre Addict

Postby sandman » 03 Sep 2014, 13:18

update-

I had a regular/hard BM and pain is back to 50%.. Am I still going to recover? i am starting to loose hope now. Anyone please share your experience.. i am going into dark again. you guys might be tired of me complaining all the time but i have noone to share.
sandman
Fibre Addict