things I am currently trying

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

things I am currently trying

Postby hurtinend » 04 Sep 2014, 12:25

Hi all, hope we are all okay today? Just thought I would share my current attempts at managing this condition. Maybe this should be in the diet section, but anyway here it is:

1) in the evening before bed: 1/2 cup prune juice mixed with 2 tablespoons organic flax oil, omega 3 and 6 blend ( the one I take is called "Udo's Oil 3 6 9 Blend", its a mixture of flax, coconut, sesame, evening primrose). Udos Oil is made in Canada, not sure if it would be available everywhere.

2) in the morning on waking: 1 large glass of room temperature filtered water, and juice of 1 whole lemon, squeezed - drink it down

All I can say is that I have been trying this for one week and the results have been great. Soft movements, but even more importantly - NO STRAINING NEEDED. This combo just seems to make everything work perfectly. I do not take any stool softeners of any kind, no creams, nothing. My diet has fibre but I do not overdo it, tooo much is not always a good thing.

Anyways its only been one week, but so far so good. I feel better, fissure still there but the ease of going to the looo makes everything settle down.

As always, what works for me, may not work for you - but maybe give it a try. My belief is that if we can avoid the stuff on the pharmacy shelf, we are better off in the end.
hurtinend
King Fissure

Topics: 52

Re: things I am currently trying

Postby Ever the Optimist » 05 Sep 2014, 10:30

Hi Hurtinend!
Many thanks for posting this and what works for you - hopefully, this will be really beneficial to someone else too :)
Fingers crossed, your healing continues and you begin to feel so much better soon!
Chronic Fissure diagnosed December 2011
Healed by Diltiazem around Feb 2013
Anal Fistula followed burst abscess in June 2012
2 internal troublesome piles remain & suspected, but undiagnosed, ongoing Levator Ani type symptoms & flare-ups
Ever the Optimist

Topics: 24
Mood: Living life again