Ointment/creams make it worse?

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Ointment/creams make it worse?

Postby cracked82 » 05 Oct 2014, 13:46

Quick question to fellow sufferers.

Does anyone else find their fissure is better when just "left alone"?

I've had a fissure for 12 months and whilst it was debilitating right at the beginning, it's just annoyingly still there at the moment. Bleeds sometimes and now and again gets oozy and itchy. So as I've mentioned in another post my consultant recommended one last push of diltiazem ointment before he tries botox. So I start using it once to twice daily again and within a week I'm back to being sore, increased bleeding and more leaking of yucky pus.

I personally feel that using the ointment is basically like smearing bits of poo in my wound. I'm on stool softeners and increased fibre. You can clean "outside" after a BM but you can't clean inside, if you know what I mean. :oops:

So I've stopped the ointment again and I'll wait to see what the consultant recommends next month.

Just wondered if anyone else has thought the same.

Cheers lovely people x :cheers:
cracked82
Fibre Addict

Topics: 4

Re: Ointment/creams make it worse?

Postby Sakura1 » 06 Oct 2014, 07:38

Hi there cracked

I found that using no cream left my butt feeling a bit dry, like it was rubbing when I walked. The GTN cream has really helped me, the diliatazem gave me awful irritation and itchiness.

Don't forget that you don't have to put these creams inside in the fissure, they are absorbed perfectly well if you put them outside and let them absorb in. My CRS said he worries how many doctors tell you to get the cream inside and cause yourself even more discomfort :)
Sakura1
Salt Bather

Topics: 3