Post for any moms dealing with fissures

I feel like my life is on hold

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Post for any moms dealing with fissures

Postby Newmommy28 » 14 Oct 2014, 10:21

Hi everyone,

This is my first post since august I believe. In case you want to hear my story you can find it under diaries.

I'm still dealing with my fissure. Next month will mark a year (I think) since I first tore. I had botox in August that really seemed to cause me a lot of pain. The doctor agreed with me that it most likely didn't work. That being said, things did settle down over a months time and I think I was pain free for about 6 weeks, sticking to a clean diet and drinking Miralax each night, along with some calcium magnesium supplement.

The past couple of weeks I have definitely had some irritation happening, off and on. Things feel a little sore down there when I wipe and I have been getting some spasms here and there. I don't think I have re-torn because it's been months since I've seen any blood.

My doctor flat out told me that he doesn't think this will ever heal without surgery and that the skin will not ever be the same. He recommends I stay on Miralax for the rest of my life.

I think today it started to hit me. I really would like to have a second child and I feel like my life is on hold. I already know I can have a c sections, but I really don't want to be taking Miralax while I'm pregnant. I just don't feel good about it. I don't even feel good about taking it now, and I'm not nursing anymore.

I'm really scared to go through a pregnancy with a fissure. And I don't want to go through surgery before having a second baby. I feel like I'm stuck.

I don't know if I'm looking for advice or empathy. I'm just clueless. I know it is in God's hands and there's no better place for it.

Thanks for listening! I really hope everyone is on their way to recovering.
Newmommy28
Salt Bather

Topics: 19

Re: Post for any moms dealing with fissures

Postby Deleted User 3869 » 14 Oct 2014, 21:38

So Sorry! Hope things are feeling better.
Deleted User 3869

Postby Jbl22424 » 15 Oct 2014, 00:43

Sorry to hear that you are still having trouble. I don't have much to offer but support. We are rooting for you!
Developed fissure from constipation due to breastfeeding 7 weeks after delivery (Jan 2014)
Nifedepine
Colace
Magnesium
Miralax - godsend
Nitro - some improvement
LIS (May 2014) - cured for 3 months then setback
Diltiazem
Feeling better for now
Jbl22424
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 9

Postby jlm1 » 15 Oct 2014, 09:27

i totally hear you and relate! I got my fissure in May, had botox in July, unfortunately got a fistula from the way the fissure healed and am home recovering from that. Had simple procedure (that's what doc said, but the healing certainly doesn't feel simple!) last Wednesday. Right before all this started I actually was actively trying to have another baby. (We have an almost 2 year old) My partner is also a woman so obviously I need to have an iui. I went in to have it, and I was told that I had ovulated the day before so lost my chance that month. Literally 5 days later I got the fissure and it's been sort of like a nightmare since. Thank god I didn't get pregnant because I can't imagine going through a pregnancy with the pain I have had.
I'm hoping that this is the beginning of healing and this will be over soon. Honestly, I really want another baby but cannot even imagine putting strain on my body right now. I figure that I will feel differently in a few months. I had a c-section with my first (another long story!) and after everything I have been through there is no friggin way I would be pushing a baby out!! I never want a fissure again and figure I am prone now. But I am also worried about the pregnancy in general and putting pressure in the area, constipation, etc.
Although I haven't had LIS as botox seems to be working for me. Just a bad turn of events that I had to deal with the fistula. But form what I have read, it may be very worth your while to have the LIS, get rid of this for good and then have a baby. Or maybe another round of botox?
In any case, it's so nice to hear other mothers talking about this. I really hope you are feeling great soon and hang in there!!
fissure May 2014
nitro, diltiazem
botox July
fistula surgery, piece of skin tag removed Oct
fissure declared healed Dec
currently have burning/pain-told it is nerve pain
physical therapy, sitz baths, valium suppositories
hoping I am healing
jlm1
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 22

Postby Newmommy28 » 20 Oct 2014, 10:19

Thanks for the words of encouragement. I am still having pain after going to the bathroom. Still having some spasms here and there. They are tolerable- just very annoying. I am sure that I shouldn't even be thinking about having a second child just yet. I would like to give my body another year at least of healing, still hoping the fissure may heal without surgery, although I feel I am destined to have irritation off and on for who knows how long.

Jlm1- It sounds like you and I are in the same boat! I am also worried about pregnancy and putting pressure down there and other hormonal things that cause your body to whack out. I wish I had a magical answer. I think all we can do is just take it one day at a time. Surgery has never really sounded good to me. I kind of think when the time is right I will know. I don't know if that time will come before a second pregnancy or after. I'm afraid the fissure will get worse while I'm pregnant (w/o surgery) and I, like you, am freaked out about going through a pregnancy with that sort of ailment. On the other hand, having the surgery and then getting pregnant with all the pressure on the pelvic floor doesn't sound good either. Still clueless.

I'm praying we all heal soon and have some peace about decisions moving forward.
Newmommy28
Salt Bather

Topics: 19