Botox today, what to expect from here?

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Botox today, what to expect from here?

Postby Gillyfr » 18 Oct 2014, 12:46

I've had my anal fissure botoxed today. I had it done under general anaesthetic, the surgeon had a good look around with a camera and found 2 fissures and a few hemmies that were also injected. Still a bit groggy from the general and stinging a bit in my bottom. Just wondered what to expect over the next few days/weeks? I have to back to see the surgeon in 3 weeks, he's already told me the fissures won't have healed by then, does this mean I'll still be in pain with every BM? Also very scared about my first BM!! They didn't give me any info on what I should/shouldn't do or eat, I would be grateful for any info/advice.
Gillyfr

Topics: 3

Re: Botox today, what to expect from here?

Postby Sakura1 » 18 Oct 2014, 16:19

Hi Gillyfr

I had Botox under general on 30th September. The following day I had a bm with no pain which was a bit odd as I couldn't feel it properly so was hard to know if I'd finished or not.

Walking was an odd sensation for few days as it felt like my butt was being pulled on by gravity. Sitting down was painful so I laid on the sofa watching films for a couple of days. Driving was also difficult due to the sitting.

General pain level was very low - maybe 3 out of 10 at worst. Bear in mind in my case though that I didn't have huge pain prior to the op.

I had a few accidents where I thought I had wind but some poop came out. This went away after a couple of days.

I hope all goes well for you - drink plenty of fluid and keep everything soft :)
Sakura1
Salt Bather

Topics: 3

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion